VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah... this is a first for me. My dreams have all kinds of games and stuff showing up, some of which are real, some of which are not, but here's something highly unusual which just happened this morning.

Firstly, I want to point out that like most people, I often have music stuck in my head. Since waking up, the music stuck in my head at the moment is the song in Faxanadu from when you first exit town and enter the main game world battling monsters and such.

OK, with this in mind, my dreams last night ended with me watching Jason Pulara, creator of "Until We Win", making an episode about an NES game called "The Battle of Olympus".

Upon waking up I realized this game might actually exist as the name seemed familiar, yet I had never played any games with that name. Sure enough, I looked it up just now and there really is an NES game called "The Battle of Olympus", and looking at screenshots of it makes me think of Faxanadu... which I already had the music from in my mind! :O

So now I'm stuck with the lingering question: Why the heck did I dream about this game? :P

...I'm gonna go play it emulated now just to see if this ties in with any other aspects of my dreams or symbolism or whatever... maybe the dream simply means The Battle of Olympus will be the next UWW episode? :B

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 1 of 9, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's interesting! Once I had a fluid game-like experience in my dream, first initiated by a particular song's guitar riffs that's playing loudly, and suddenly I was floating around (you know, Descent/6DoF-style) in a room, looking for some kind of a door/gate. It was very tactile, and also the first time I remember I heard music so clearly and loudly in my dreams. Later on I realized that the riffs was from Eric Clapton's Layla. Well it does make a nice soundtrack. 😁

Just curious though, did that title come in as written or spoken/voiced?

Sometimes I remember spoken words from my dreams, but rarely written words. Well, of course, dreams that you don't really think/'review'/write/sketch about soon after waking up often just 'vaporize' quickly, so maybe I just haven't had something really interesting. Maybe I should pay more attention now. *_*

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 2 of 9, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's because rebels raided the installations where your body is being held and killed you. The Matrix restored your brain into another clone and obviously, the backup machine fucked up and mixed someone else's memories with yours.

Nothing to worry, but beware with strange people offering pills.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 3 of 9, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
archsan wrote:

Just curious though, did that title come in as written or spoken/voiced?

Both, actually. :o

I played the game a little emulated just after my initial post. Kinda surprised I never tried the game as a kid. A little tricky to figure out what you're supposed to be doing and the music is passable at best, but plays perfectly OK... save for the bats. Those freaking things are so incredibly hard to deal with. x_x;

*shrugs* Still no closer to figuring out what my dream meant though.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 4 of 9, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dreams are getting stranger and stranger I generally don't even bother trying to understand them anymore. 😀
Especially the disturbing ones, I'd just enjoy it while it lasts.

Zup wrote:

That's because rebels raided the installations where your body is being held and killed you. The Matrix restored your brain into another clone and obviously, the backup machine fucked up and mixed someone else's memories with yours.

Nothing to worry, but beware with strange people offering pills.

I'd still follow the hot bunny, um, rabbit though.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 5 of 9, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remember I had something like this happen to me when I was a kid. I had this dream of a PC game in which you fly around in biplanes. The graphics in the dream were vivid, colorful and kinda cartoony. Not long afterwards, when my dad bought a gaming magazine, I promptly inserted the disc of demos that came with the magazine and installed... a game with colorful, cartoony graphics in which you fly around in biplanes.

I can't remember what the game was called... it was a bit like Pilotwings 64... hmm, I think I shall look for it.

Reply 6 of 9, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You guys dream about videogames? All I ever dream about is being in school or doing something boring,

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 7 of 9, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

You guys dream about videogames? All I ever dream about is being in school or doing something boring,

When I dream about school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g7VoRQPswg

Reply 8 of 9, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lol I dreamed about reinstalling windows 95 on a Packard Bell computer the other day, but it looked like a Legend 2000+ which is weird since that's a 486 but who says dreams have to make sense. 😜

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 9 of 9, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Computers in my dreams often malfunction in ridiculous ways. XD

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)