VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, let me start by saying that this post is in no way related to retro gaming nor related to computers at all.

My birthday was on Sunday 31st August. Turned 31yo for anyone wondering. I had just worked a night shift so was still asleep in bed at 3:00pm when my partner woke me up excited to give me my birthday present. Unwrapping it, I saw a new Turtle Beach PX4 headset and the PS4 game, The Last of Us Remastered. Now this game has been out for a while now on PS3 but as most will probably know, it has been "Remastered" for the PS4. I quickly got up and chucked it into my PS4. Never have I been so immersed into a game like this before and I've had many many many games.

Within 5-10 min I found myself sitting on my couch with a few tears rolling down my face (play it to see why) and I thought to myself "Wtf are you doing!! It's a game for gods sake!" I was hooked instantly. For anyone who is a gamer that has a PS4, you have to buy this!

Last edited by borgie83 on 2014-09-03, 17:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 6, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

🤣 Yeah it's pretty good, but personally I felt towards the middle of the game it becomes kinda rinse and repeat. Zombie games were never my thing though. 🤣
You are right though about that intro part of the game, although it didn't make me cry it was good.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 2 of 6, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I love my Zombie movies and played a lot of resident evil when I was in my teens on the original playstation. This game is different to any other zombie game though. Did you have to say the word "cry" though haha nah I've got a daughter not too much younger than her so I guess I'm a little sensitive when it comes to children.

Reply 3 of 6, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It is a good game, for sure. But, I did not like it as much as Uncharted. The characters just did not appeal to me as much, and the overall tone is just depressing. The game just swims in the feeling of hopelessness. After playing it, I'm going to just play some Mario to get back some joy in my life.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 4 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Would love to play it since I've heard good things but no PC release 🙁

Mabye in 5-10yrs when there is a working emulator/API wrapper.

Finished the last episode of the second season of Walking Dead last week so that will have to do.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The game I'm hanging for is "The Evil Within". Not for those who prefer clean underwear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKhoHl9BnE

Watch the vid and let me know what you guys/girls think.

Reply 6 of 6, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Would love to play it since I've heard good things but no PC release 🙁

Mabye in 5-10yrs when there is a working emulator/API wrapper.

Finished the last episode of the second season of Walking Dead last week so that will have to do.

How is the Walking Dead? Been meaning to play it.