VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Has any one heard of these? There is no google direct results for the speakers i have.
I know from the sticker that its made in West - Germany , which is probably <1990.

The speakers are : EuroSound HLB 90
Translated Description: Three-way speaker unit
Music Power : 90 watt (Lol at the original google translation : Music carrying capacity)
Nominal Input Power : 70 Watt
Frequency Response : 38 Hz - 21 000 Hz (Lol at the original google translation : Transmission range)
Impedance : 4 Ohm

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 5, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The search results I found are only in German. Probably you could expect them to be bright, since Canton speakers - which are also German-made - are famous for their brightness.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 5, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ive only read of some one being scammed with this brand.
When i opened them I've seen they have quality drivers and filter inside. Also, all of the sound isnt going to bas which is really nice. And the sound quality and clarity is much greater than on those Sony 5.1 speakers.

Reply 3 of 5, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They might be a whitevan, but even some of those can sound decent (just not at the prices they tend to want to hawk them at). If the lower-end FR is given as an F3 that's pretty acceptable, if it's (more likely) at -10, that's pretty average. Make sure your receiver/amplifier/whatever doesn't have a problem with the 4R load (and even if it's rated for 4R operation, expect it to run somewhat hotter - so if you've got it stuffed in a closet under a blanket, maybe move the blanket 🤣).

Reply 4 of 5, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have set the total amplification level to 30% on the amplifier. The loudness is great, but it doesn't overheat. It is Ei Nikola Tesla amp after all 😀
I doubt these are fraud speakers because of their internal build and of course the sound quality.

Reply 5 of 5, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
obobskivich wrote:

They might be a whitevan,

You know, I've never thought I would hear the word 'white van' on Vogons. Now the forum feels more like Audiokarma. 😉

obobskivich wrote:

but even some of those can sound decent (just not at the prices they tend to want to hawk them at). If the lower-end FR is given as an F3 that's pretty acceptable, if it's (more likely) at -10, that's pretty average. Make sure your receiver/amplifier/whatever doesn't have a problem with the 4R load (and even if it's rated for 4R operation, expect it to run somewhat hotter - so if you've got it stuffed in a closet under a blanket, maybe move the blanket 🤣).

Another brand without useful Google info is Winslow-Healy. The name might sound 'dignified', but I suspect it's white van. Asked the question on AK, got no conclusive answer. I wonder how good (or bad) do the speakers sound.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.