VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 29, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Forgot these:

The old Shadowrun game, and the new ones just released (available on GoG and Steam). I won't mention the Microsoft one, that one doens't count.

Neuromancer and Bloodnet are some others. There are some more obscure ones I remember seeing on Home of the Underdogs but can't remember the names right now.

Reply 22 of 29, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So many UT2k4 maps... but most especially Angelh@rt's DM-2019 and 2019XS. The first is a "playable" Bladerunner homage, and for the second he pulled the stops out and did a super-detailed version that is a one-player themed exploration.

Also the Neotokyo mod for the Japanese take on Cyberpunk. Not bot-pathed, and semi-incomplete in that the project moved on to HL2.

=EDIT= similar thread:
SPOILER ALERT! Cyberpunk games that don't suck?
SPOILER ALERT! Cyberpunk games that don't suck?

Last edited by pewpewpew on 2014-10-14, 18:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 24 of 29, by Auzner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Deus Ex
DX:HR
Gemini Rue
Heavy Metal: FAKK2
Syndicate series
Hard Reset
Blacklight: Retribution
Bureau 13
Full Throttle
Snatcher
Bureau of Astral Troubleshooters

Everything else I could think has been mentioned.
But I recommend again:

Half Life 2
FarCry 3 Blood Dragon
Fallout Series
Crusader No Remorse
Beneath a Steel Sky
EYE Divine Cybermancy

Reply 25 of 29, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Most of those don't fit... HL2 definitely doesn't. You can't just associate any 'future' game with this particular aesthetic.

Neocron is an MMO that is heavily into this aesthetic. It was developeod for years when that was big and it stuck to its design.

Does The Fifth Element game count? 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 26 of 29, by Auzner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

Most of those don't fit... HL2 definitely doesn't. You can't just associate any 'future' game with this particular aesthetic.

Are you referring to my post?? In my opinion, most of those do fit. Especially HL2, as an enjoyable well-rounded game in all regards. Some of these games have "the look and feel" but are dreadful to play through just to see the ending. But I'm not going to hand feed reviews and screenshots.

Reply 28 of 29, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd agree with HL2 "fitting" - sure, it's maybe on the fringe, and it certainly isn't "just one thing" (none of the games mentioned here are though), but I think it certainly fits thematically.