Common searches

RIP 32 bit PC gaming?

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 63, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember when FarCry was new and it was still a pain to deal with... 🤣 Are you using very new graphics drivers? I know nVidia lovingly broke some shadow/reflection features in the last 6-8 mos with driver updates (and apparently has no plans to correct it), for example.

On BioShock with DX10 - I remember doing a side-by-side with a GF7 running it with DX9 and a GF8 running it with DX10, and honestly not being able to pick much apart.

Reply 61 of 63, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

And here my P4 3.2 GHz with a 6600GT at 1600 x 1200. A bit too demanding for the system, not sure if it's the video memory or something else but quite a few stutters and pauses when you run around.

The issue is all over the GOG.com forum. No fix. Been like this since Vista everyone says.

uslfQpg.jpg

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 62 of 63, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GeorgeMan wrote:
No, they dropped support for XP at IvyBridge (Z77/3xxx CPUs). That's why I'm keeping my Z77/2500K system. […]
Show full quote

No, they dropped support for XP at IvyBridge (Z77/3xxx CPUs).
That's why I'm keeping my Z77/2500K system.

It seems that from now on AMD will not support XP, because their newest product (R9 285) doesn't have XP driver. But WTF, even MS doesn't support XP anymore, it's 13 years old!

Also, your new nickname is more difficult to read and I don't recognise you "miles away" because your new avatar is not highly distiguishable. 😢

Look at the user stats on Steam and that will tell you what CPU's, video cards, and Windows versions everyone is using. It's useful information to have, because they can drop support for hardware as that hardware falls out of general use among the population instead of guessing what hardware to support or not to support.

Oh, and Phil, you do know that really large pics get cut off to prevent side scrolling, right? If you want us to see the whole pic then you need to shrink it to fit the confines of the forum.

Reply 63 of 63, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yea I know. Right click > Open image in new tab works for me. I wanted to show the water nice and clear with the reflection issue. I usually resize images.

Got a processor sorted for that Asrock S754 board. It's the top Ahtlon 64 for that socket. 2.4 GHz with Venice core 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website