VOGONS

Common searches

Gamergate, no more games, just poltical correctness pushing.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 37, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The forum has easy ways to quote, please use them, especially if you have a history of not making clear what's a quote and what's your own opinion. Thanks

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 37, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gamergate pisses me off. Why? The harassment campaign is absolutely uncalled for, the SJWs are only serving to create more controversy and make the rest of the situation worse, and people won't fucking SHUT UP about it. I wish people would just give this fucking shitstorm a rest, it's the only way it's gonna go away. I know a lot of people are shocked about how "corrupt" gaming journalism is, but when you look back at how it was 10, 15, even 20 years ago, gaming journalism has ALWAYS lacked integrity. That's just a fact of life.

People need to stop harassing Quinn, and SJWs need to quit throwing fuel on the fire. It disgusts me how people can take something so small, and make such a big deal about it.

If this whole incident was engineered to generate controversy, then people are giving the people behind it what they want by partaking in the controversy. Ignoring it would put a stop to it. Ironically, I'm probably contributing to the spread of this controversy by posting these comments. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Reply 23 of 37, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yup that's why I was annoyed that much at the first post, fueling the fire and bringing it here. Qbix please close this thread 😉

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 24 of 37, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

While I'm not totally agreeable with either side, I tend to side more with the GamerGate people. Granted, they can be utterly retarded and harassment is a real thing. But, I absolutely hate sleazy assholes like Jeoff Keighley, it's the kind of person that makes me puke a little inside every day. It's the kind of person I want to see out of video game journalism, not just him though, everyone that takes on this lifestyle.

I'm not a gamer. I don't have the need to feel that I belong somewhere special. But, I love video games. In some ways, they are special to me and it's one of the few things in life I'd like to see free of "corruption". Of course, because video games are such a huge industry nowadays, you'll never be able to escape that. We have to draw the line somewhere though, as people. So yeah, Zoe Quinn having sex with reviewers and journalists and then said journalists reviewing her game and "marketing" her, that's where I draw the line. And of course, every frickin' website releasing an article about "The Death of the Gamer" on the same day, how pathetic is that?

Reply 26 of 37, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
awgamer wrote:

Hah, quinn does not contribute to game development, nor is that her intent. They want to kill gaming and use new "games" as a vehicle to preach their social engineering. A good example of her "game" is what she made, no game involved. There are women in gaming who have made actual real games, Centipede, Portal, many more, been doing it for decades and still doing it. What the sjw are trying do is replace gaming.

I don't give a rat's ass about what her intention was; the thing is that it's nice to see new variation in gameplay despite it's more educational than fun. When was the last time we see interactive fiction game like Psychic Detective, for instance? Global Conflict: Palestine has a lot of flaws, yet it's still refreshing to play after endless wave of FPS and RTS games on the market. Heck, Depression Quest may be intended as reflection of Quinn's personal angst instead of actual contribution to game development, but who knows if it's successful enough it may ignite another Monkey Island or Wolf.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 27 of 37, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
awgamer wrote:
>Quinn is overblowing the whole thing which IMO is the best thing to do. Exagerating shows us where the problem is and WHO the p […]
Show full quote

>Quinn is overblowing the whole thing which IMO is the best thing to do. Exagerating shows us where the problem is and WHO the problem is.
When you look at what Quinn vlogged you must be something really really broken to not see that she is right in a lot of things. Normal people will also see where she sees way too much into it...

That's one way to spin it, not that it matches up with events.

>Well done, now threatening to kill here because you think she's going to take your toy from you? Wow! Please step back into your caves...

The story isn't about quinn, though it's being attempted to make it so.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/0 … o-the-Spotlight

You actually linked to breitbart? Fail. You just destroyed any credibility you may have had.

While sometimes "political correctness" may be over blown, usually the ones that whine about it the most are those that are just looking to display their own overt bigotry without getting called on it.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 28 of 37, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
collector wrote:

While sometimes "political correctness" may be over blown, usually the ones that whine about it the most are those that are just looking to display their own overt bigotry without getting called on it.

This.

awgamer wrote:
Dominus wrote:

Yup that's why I was annoyed that much at the first post, fueling the fire and bringing it here. Qbix please close this thread 😉

Let me guess, you're a SJW. There's no justification for censoring this thread.

Believe it or not I agree with Dominus. Here we have people who are more interested to talk about games instead of politics, 4chan assholery, and hardcore feminists crap. I say let's keep this forum that way.

Gamergate becomes a big issue because people are giving shit about it, and I bet they're people who are more interested in politics instead of the games themselves. When Origin Systems was flamed and cursed by CGW readers for launching a completely buggy and half-baked Ultima 9. now that was really a game-related issue. But when some "gamers" from 4chan (4chan, of all things) are waging war against a bunch of feminazis, I wouldn't even touch their war with a nine-feet pole.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 30 of 37, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
awgamer wrote:

You do realize this is posted in Milliways and this is about games or lack thereof if sjw have their way.

Are you fucking kidding me? 🤣

Games will always be there as long as there are people who buy it, period. Games won't just disappear simply because some people say "games are sexist!" Get real, please. Crack cocaine is outlawed (and unlike games, it's genuinely a bad thing), yet it still exists on the street simply because there are still people who buy it.

Reply 31 of 37, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
awgamer wrote:
Dominus wrote:

There doesn't have to be any justification for closing any threads. If we want it closed then we close it.

I'll keep it open as long as the discussion is civil and no other threads are posted about it but once it goes over the edge it's closed

As for my personal opinion I don't get on the internet to see this crap and when I do I immediately go elsewhere.

Since the internet first became available to the average person it's always been this way and it will never be any different.

It's no different for men or women. You don't like something? Go somewhere else. You want something done about something? Do it yourself.

I don't have time or patience for half-truths and hidden agendas.

For some reason women or rather a certain group of women think or want it to be thought that they are the only ones facing these issues when it is anything but.

The message I get from media are that men are horrible and the sooner we are rid of them the better.

That's more than I'll every say on the subject again in this thread. I've got better things to do with my time.....like play games. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 32 of 37, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
awgamer wrote:
Dominus wrote:

Thanks a lot for learning to quote. Now please learn to read. We will make a valuable being out of you yet.

Reply 34 of 37, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ nope, you are not alone... I just ignore/don't_care since it looks like a sad story for someone that has nothing better to do

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 35 of 37, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

An argument about journalistic ethics got turned into an argument about 'sexism' in the video game industry. Corrupt and incompetent people, who should be condemned, are instead praised as heroes and martyrs to the cause of social justice, while people concerned about corruption and incompetence are condemned as bigots. See what happened here? When you're arguing with someone don't let them change the subject of the discussion.

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.