Do you guys collect other things?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 66, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:

There was an official announcement somewhere about them going out of print, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Okay, strike "official". But still, the typical "let's let this movie release sell out because hey, nothing novel or interesting about it..."

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/I- … ne/topic/13211/
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/mod … rticle&sid=8447
and so on. Explains the sky-high prices on Amazon.

AidanExamineer wrote:

The DeSpecialized Edition is a work of must-see art.

A-fucking-men. I NEVER expected I'd love a fan edit so much, it's now the required movie(s) whenever my geek friends and I have a SW trilogy viewing party. I have an older edit at this point, I hear his newest version of ANH is a must-see.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 42 of 66, by DataPro

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I collect video game consoles and games cartridge CD.
I collect old computers
I like also vintage audio/video gears : VHS player, VCD player, Laserdisc Player, Reel to Reel Tape Player...

HP Vectra 562 P166Mhz/256Ko L2 cache/Triton 430FX - 112Mo RAM - 2x 32Go+64Go CF Card - Matrox G2 8Mo - SB AWE64 ISA (PnP) + Roland MT-32 & M-GS64 (SC-88) & JV-1010 - Nec USB 2.0 PCI - Promise Ultra100 TX2 - Hama multicard reader

Reply 45 of 66, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Half-Saint wrote:

Mechanical keyboards! Old games in various formats, hardware in general, home computers from the 80s and early 90s, sci-fi and fantasy books...

Mechanical keyboards are such a life changing experience!

Reply 46 of 66, by Eddie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have way to many hobbies, and have no time to enjoy them. The main ones now is retro computer hardware/games, clocks, and horror.

For horror I have custom made Michael Myers masks from the original Halloween, and remake. Prop knifes, and origin gear worn by them. Original Scream masks(Fantastic,Fearsome) original phones, and custom made robes used in Scream 1 and 2.

DSCN0577.jpg

Reply 47 of 66, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I like to go to thrift stores and buy music on tape and cd. Id buy on vinyl but i don't have a turntable.

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 48 of 66, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AidanExamineer wrote:

Mechanical keyboards are such a life changing experience!

Indeed. Once you go mechanical, you don't go back.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 49 of 66, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Sutekh94 wrote:

Indeed. Once you go mechanical, you don't go back.

What if one starts out mechanical and goes to the inferior types of keyboards due to technical difficulties? 🙁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 50 of 66, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I mainly collect early or mid90's pcs (prefer non-major brands, old compaq and digital are ok though, and of course AST 😀, 80's home computers (msx, commodore, atari etc...) and cpu's. It's not essential if they work or not, I just like how they look 😀 I have about 260 different kind of cpu's right now.

Reply 51 of 66, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cdoublejj wrote:

I'm in to small engines and motorcycles and minibikes. I'm a gear head. I have joined many such forums under the same name.

I used to be into bikes and small engines, too! Still have a garage full of parts, but no bikes anymore 🙁

Reply 52 of 66, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
obobskivich wrote:
2fort5r wrote:

Oh yes, Star Wars 1.0 would be an essential part of the collection

They did eventually put them on DVD (if you just want those 3); otherwise you're looking for the CAV box set ($$$) or the faces LDs. 😊

While not "faces" level of purist, the Special Widescreen Edition is an extremely good rendition of the theatric release. It's the one I have, anyway. 😀

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/ST … 63/post/536433/

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 53 of 66, by Davis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also collect LDs, got into it in Southeast Asia where they are currently dirt cheap and use the same NTSC standard as USA/JAP.
Have a few versions of Star Wars films in my collection of about 400 titles and they are a blast to watch. I started using an HD projector with my decent player and the results are great. What I like about LDs is that the picture still has that analogue feeling to it that is lost on DVDs and BDs. Having said that, almost anything on a BD is a blast!
Also, the amount of B-movies I've picked up is astounding, quite a few have not made it to DVD.

Reply 54 of 66, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh yeah, and I used to like vintage radios and televisions. I like the 80's tvs the best because they are cool. Not to long ago i got an amazing condition goldstar tv from the 80's and its got great picture quality and in great condition!

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 55 of 66, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone here has anything to do with LEGO as a hobby? 🤣

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 56 of 66, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Davis wrote:

I also collect LDs, got into it in Southeast Asia where they are currently dirt cheap and use the same NTSC standard as USA/JAP.
Have a few versions of Star Wars films in my collection of about 400 titles and they are a blast to watch. I started using an HD projector with my decent player and the results are great. What I like about LDs is that the picture still has that analogue feeling to it that is lost on DVDs and BDs. Having said that, almost anything on a BD is a blast!
Also, the amount of B-movies I've picked up is astounding, quite a few have not made it to DVD.

I love LD's. 400 titles! that's amazing.

I am thinking about collecting them now since I purchased a few good titles from a computer recycling place when I was on holidays. I got Die Hard, RoboCop, Terminator 2, and about 6 other pretty good ones and now I am hooked. I had a couple Sony and a Pioneer LD players sitting in storage for a while but no LD's. They are getting very hard to find. I used to see them in thrift stores, but didn't pay too much attention, but now I wish I would have bought them when I came across them.

I totally agree with you regarding the "analogue feeling to it that is lost on DVDs and BDs" that you mentioned. In my time, whoever had a LD, really had a true home theater setup, and had money too 🤣 . I remember how damn expensive anything LD related was. MUCH more expensive than blue ray stuff now in relative terms. I currently have too much stuff, but I think I will make some room on a shelf somewhere if I find more LD's though.

Reply 57 of 66, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tayyare wrote:

Anyone here has anything to do with LEGO as a hobby? :lol:

Not as a "hobby" myself, but I still have all of my LEGO from childhood which is actually quite a fair amount; fills a number of small containers and a handful of shoeboxes. I don't often take it out but every once in a blue moon I have the urge to make something out of the stuff. :B

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 58 of 66, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tayyare wrote:

Anyone here has anything to do with LEGO as a hobby? 🤣

Does Bionicle count? I still have a lot of my old Bionicles from years and years ago, but I rarely even look at them anymore. 😵

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 59 of 66, by Magnuz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I like to collect Lego too, Esp the 90s Technics, Mindstorms NXt 2.0 and EV3,
Hoping I will have time in the future to build robotic contraception.