Windows 10 Technical Preview

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 84, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
smeezekitty wrote:

But it shouldn't be like that. You should be allowed to evaluate it in a less invasive way.

Perhaps. But it's not like it's a huge secret, and there will be plenty more releases (Betas and release candidates) before the final product if you're uncomfortable using it in its current state.

smeezekitty wrote:

And who is to say the code doesn't stay in it in the final release.

They'd continue to openly tell you, like they're openly telling you now, and you could continue to choose not use it.

They wouldn't sell many copies though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. 😉

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 81 of 84, by NJRoadfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As a beta tester for past MS products, I can tell you some of that buggy code does get into the final release.... even if it was reported as a bug months before.

Reply 82 of 84, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NJRoadfan wrote:

As a beta tester for past MS products, I can tell you some of that buggy code does get into the final release.... even if it was reported as a bug months before.

Bugs, sure. This is a deliberate thing. 😉

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 83 of 84, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I still think Windows 7 is going to be around for a looong time.

Here is why:
My first time using W10 from primarily using Vista and occasionally 7 was it felt as foreign as the first time I used Ubuntu GNU/Linux.
So that is not a good point in its favor.

And while I was using it, it felt a bit like web browsing on my 486. Much faster of course but what
I am trying to say is, while it is technically possible to use, it seems more like a novelty and not something I would want to use all day every day.

I would be hard pressed to take 8/10 as a serious OS or operating environment

Reply 84 of 84, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They should have named it Windows 8 SE. I am personally not buying any new Microsoft operating system in the near future for many reasons and tracking is one of them.