Common searches

Your favorite retro apps?

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 54, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's hard for me to think of any applications that are broken on XP that I wish I could still run. I'll go with the AWE32 SoundFont configuration utility. I'll also mention the *HP* published version of the WinNT/2k Laserjet 5 printer driver. Microsoft provides a driver with XP but it's had some options stripped out of it that were in the Win2k HP version. That older version won't install on XP.
Yeah, those are lame answers.

I spent a ton of time making stuff in QBasic - I guess it would still work on XP though.

I still use Paint Shop Pro 4.15 almost daily. I never really took to the later versions.
4.15 was originally a Win95 application, and it's still my favorite quick and simple photo viewer/editor. It works on XP though, and I'm glad for that fact. Originally I used a 3.x version which was for Windows 3.1.

Reply 42 of 54, by eFatal2ty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Norton Commander 😁

*ASUS P3B-F *Intel Pentium!!! 450MHz Katmai@133fsb *Hynix 4x128MB SDR PC133 CL2 *Matrox G400MAX 32MB + Procomp Voodoo2 12MB SLi *Creative SB Live! CT4760 *3Com 3C905C-TX-M *2xSeagate 40GB 7200rpmn *EIZO T68 19"CRT * Creative FPS1000 *OS: MS Win 98SE

Reply 44 of 54, by autoexecdotbat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

mine would be either soft karaoke 3.1 or proty parrot (both I got from my old sb live).
Speaking of which, can someone post the soft karaoke 3.1 midi files? They would probably be located in a subfolder called smf, but I may be wrong, I haven't used sk since 2003.

to win the game you must defeat coppa!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ

Reply 45 of 54, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
autoexecdotbat wrote:

mine would be either soft karaoke 3.1 or proty parrot (both I got from my old sb live).
Speaking of which, can someone post the soft karaoke 3.1 midi files? They would probably be located in a subfolder called smf, but I may be wrong, I haven't used sk since 2003.

Dude, it seems like the majority of your 25 posts are requests for people to do stuff, and you never say "please"!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 48 of 54, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
autoexecdotbat wrote:

sorry. please poat link to the soft karaoke midi files ASAP. r maybe eloquence 3.x sapi4.

Everything alright with you ?
You even added ASAP...
Please understand that this is a discussion forum... not an autoexecdotbat request forum.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 50 of 54, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

One of my favorite retro PROGRAMS is WinImage 4.0, as a simple tweak in the registry could reset the "x days left for full trial period expires" period 😁

Another one is an older version of MS Virtual PC (2003?) and I used a lot of others, but can't remember them from top of my head.

And of course Winzip and Winrar (though Winzip doesn't make much sense past Win ME).

MSBATCH is another favorite of mine, why tell your Windows setup in what country I live every single time? It's not like I change the country I live in more rapidly than I change my socks 😊 (someone here better not disagree with me here 😜)

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 52 of 54, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some of the apps I've used the most back then (DOS to Win 9x), at least the ones I remember 😁 :

DOS:

Norton Commander. I liked it better than XTG.
Electronics Workbench
Lotus 1-2-3

Windows:

Afterdark Screensavers- I had the Disney modules
PicAView
ACDSee
Namo WebEditor- Not that old, but still a great piece of software
Corel Draw! 5 - Pretty cool since it had a lot of software bundled.
Quarterdeck apps in general. I miss Cleansweep.

Reply 53 of 54, by autoexecdotbat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

another of my favorite retro apps was word perfect 9 for windows. I was a huge nut for word processors in the early 2000s and I even got a copie of office XP from a former co worker of mom's. another of my favorites was the envirenmental audio app included with my sb live card, I made my jaws sound like it was possessed by the devil.

to win the game you must defeat coppa!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ