VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some time ago I purchased the C-Giant LP-6210c keyboard in order to learn how to play.

Up until 3 days ago everything on it worked perfectly. The thing could even be used as a MIDI controller via a USB cable.

We were playing around with the keyboard with my friends in the dorm (the USB cable was connected to my netbook), and after we've taken a break, I turned it on and then fired up my netbook with the USB cable connected (as in I didn't unplug it after having turned off the computer before). The screen on the netbook went black before booting up the system. I was surprised so I restarted it, and it did that again. I put together that it might be because the USB cable is plugged in, so I unplugged it and restarted the machine again. This time it started properly but after I've plugged in the cable again, Windows 7 reported that it can't recognize the device (code 43).

I've tried:

- testing it on a different computer to which the keyboard has never been connected before (same behavior)
- testing it with a different USB cable.
- restarting both the computer and the keyboard many times
- trying different USB ports on the netbook
- resetting the BIOS on the netbook
- uninstalling the device in the device manager and plugging the keyboard back in
- turning off the USB selective suspend setting in power options
- installing the KORG USB MIDI Driver (the setup utility provided by the driver reported no devices connected, and manually selecting the .inf driver file in device manager reported no compatible devices connected as well)

Everything other than the USB on the keyboard works just as well as it did before, by the way.

I know this isn't exactly the best place to ask for help with such a problem but this is a place filled with computer wizards so maybe there's someone here who knows a clever trick to get around the problem or has an alternative MIDI driver I could try out. I'm running out of ideas here.

Reply 2 of 2, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If it does work on another computer
turn on your pc uninstall any drivers associated with the keyboard
reboot
install usbdeview run as admin and uninstall anything related to the keyboard
reboot
plug in keyboard

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html