VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Recently 3D Realms relaunched themselves and their new website.

However, I can't be the only person who liked the convenience of the FTP - especially when coupled with a packet driver and mTCP on an old computer... Well, I have started an effort to mirror it here; ftp://mirror3dr.com/3DREALMS/ as well as one to mirror significant pieces of the old website, notably the Downloads page at http://mirror3dr.com/3DR/ whilst missing links point out to archive.org or over to 3D Realms' new website (which does NOT like being linked into).

Figured I'd post it in case it's useful to anybody, there are a few other things there, notably the DARC which contains a few old drivers and such - the web side of which needs major work but the ftp side may be useful, if anything is missing from either (3D Realms FTP or the DARC) by all means request it and I'll try to get it sorted out, even better if you have the files - especially in the case of DARC as you can have your name on the http-side of things.

So there we are, enjoy your Apogee shareware, freeware and patches. Hey, if you connect in a text client to the FTP (Such as using mTCP, Microsoft TCP or similar) you even get the Dopefish ASCII Art. favicon.ico

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 2 of 2, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes and no.
It has the Stuff directory, which is currently missing a few of the video files (for Time to Kill). This directory was on the HTTP and not FTP on the final version of the old site, though it appears to have once been part of the FTP. It also contains older versions of some shareware titles for those that are curious about such things - Duke 1, Duke 3D and SW spring to mind but I plan on adding more, I also plan to update it with the Beta releases that are soon to be available provided they aren't to be paid for.

Also, it's a shorter URL.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)