VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've recently aquired and older Magellan RoadMate 3000T GPS. The GPS has an MP3/WMA player utility installed on it, as well as a BMP/JPG photo viewer utility... both of which were created by Magellan.

The GPS' OS is Microsoft Windows CE v5.00 Build 1400 (running on an Intel ARM processor), and I can access the Windows CE desktop with a special "hidden menu" that is displayed via a special keypress combo of the zoom buttons on the GPS ("plus plus minus minus plus minus" to access the menu). From that "hidden menu" you can access Microsoft Windows CE, and it includes the usual Micrisoft Windows CE "Windows Explorer".

Anyhow... does anyone know of a freeware utility for Microsoft Windows CE v5.00 (running on an Intel ARM processor) that will play and display MP3/WMA audio files, WMV video files, as well as BMP/JPG format images? Basically, I'm looking for a freeware utility that will be able to add WMV playback support to the GPS, as well as play music files WHILE displaying images as a slideshow. The two existing included utilities that come with the GPS can ONLY play music OR view a slideshow of pictures... unfortunately they can't do both simultaneously (or be ran at the same time).

P.S. I'm SURE that the GPS has the actual capability to play WMV format video files (even though the GPS does NOT include a feature or utility to do so), as the "quick help" screens are all WMV format video files that are included with the GPS.

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net