VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just got a spam message with the subject line "How would you like to have a 9 inch dick?" and I initially read it as "How would you like to have a 9 inch disk?" XD

...maybe I just need some sleep. I got up at midnight and it's 3 PM now... :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 4 of 34, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wasn't there a "somewhat old" Macintosh computer in the sitcom Seinfield? I remember seeing it in various apartment scenes in that show, it was like the only thing that popped out to me in that show even though it was supposed to be just the usual props.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 5 of 34, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DracoNihil wrote:

Wasn't there a "somewhat old" Macintosh computer in the sitcom Seinfield? I remember seeing it in various apartment scenes in that show, it was like the only thing that popped out to me in that show even though it was supposed to be just the usual props.

I believe it is a Mac SE

Reply 6 of 34, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DracoNihil wrote:

Jerry had a multitude of Macs in his apartment over the course of the series.

Apple Macintosh SE
PowerBook Duo + Duo Dock
Power Macintosh 6100
Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh

Perhaps as a joke, there was also a Windows 95 box on his desk.

Windows_95_-_the_caddy.jpg

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 7 of 34, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

...you watch TV shows or movies and pause it to identify that old computer.

TOTALLY guilty of this! I also have been watching old home videos and scouring through photos of my earlier years - spotted my first Packard Bell 386SX-16, my Gateway 2000 P5-75 full tower beast with 15" Vivitron monitor that showed up in my freshman dorm room. And lastly my monster In-Win Q500 monster beige tower that I took with me to my frat house back in the day (big mistake).

🤣.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8 of 34, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
philscomputerlab wrote:

I know that feel. Every time I watch a movie or TV show and I see some random old computer, I freak out for a second and then wonder what that old computer was.

I'm also guilty of scanning my old elementary school/middle school yearbooks for pictures of retro computers in the background.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 9 of 34, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hehe so good 🤣

Sometimes they use old PC components to build a bomb or something else. That also always grabs my attention.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 10 of 34, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
philscomputerlab wrote:

Oh man I do this all the time. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 11 of 34, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

- You go into the folder where you keep pics of all your retro PC gear and stare at them........ for hours (guilty as charged).

- You always manage to turn any conversation you have with anyone to the subject of old computers (guilty as charged).

- You power up any of your retro builds just to see it boot to the desktop, then turn it off and do it again...... and again....... and again...... and again...... (guilty as charged).

- You power up your soldering iron and melt some lead-based solder on the tip, just to smell the fumes (guilty as charged - and I don't even know how to solder ^^').

- You use any of your retro PC gear pics as desktop wallpaper (guilty as charged).

......God, I'm hopeless 😁 🤣 😅

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 12 of 34, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JayCeeBee64 wrote:
- You go into the folder where you keep pics of all your retro PC gear and stare at them........ for hours (guilty as charged). […]
Show full quote

- You go into the folder where you keep pics of all your retro PC gear and stare at them........ for hours (guilty as charged).

- You always manage to turn any conversation you have with anyone to the subject of old computers (guilty as charged).

- You power up any of your retro builds just to see it boot to the desktop, then turn it off and do it again...... and again....... and again...... and again...... (guilty as charged).

- You power up your soldering iron and melt some lead-based solder on the tip, just to smell the fumes (guilty as charged - and I don't even know how to solder ^^').

- You use any of your retro PC gear pics as desktop wallpaper (guilty as charged).

......God, I'm hopeless 😁 🤣 😅

Oh lordy. 🤣 I'm guilty of the first three as well. 🤣

Reply 13 of 34, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Playing Far Cry 3 with my best friend, disabling our first radio tower: "Dude, did he just pull out a random pci card?" Friend: "Yep, that's a pci card. . ."

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 16 of 34, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I love the sound old computers make, listening to the old disks whirr up is just magical. 😁

Reply 18 of 34, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
BigBodZod wrote:
Evert wrote:

But I don't get it? Who would not want to have a 9 inch disk?

I would because I know they always used HARD sectors 🤣

🤣 🤣 🤣 Oh Gods! Best laugh I had all day 😁 😀

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 19 of 34, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

I love the sound old computers make, listening to the old disks whirr up is just magical. 😁

I almost never disable "floppy seeking" and again almost never enable "fast boot" since I like to hear floppies whirring and memory test ticking.. 😊

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000