Guess the game!!

Topic actions

Reply 700 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:

According to my google searching, it's either Jenga, a Rubik's Cube or Minecraft. I'll keep searching....

Nope 😀

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 701 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Alright, here's a hint that might evoke some memories - it's not a commercial game, but when it was released in 2011 it was demonstrated on a huge screen in front of a cheering crowd of hundreds. 😀

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 703 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nope, but good guesses! I bought Qube during the last Steam sale but haven't played it yet - it's my kind of game. 😀

Reply 704 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like this one is a little obscure. Here's a screenshot with the text readable which should help.

planet_wormulon.png
Filename
planet_wormulon.png
File size
222.13 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Hint: look at the level name.

Reply 705 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is going nowhere so here's another hint: the title also describes what may be going on in your head after hearing the game's catchy music. 😉

Reply 706 of 1640, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did a search for the term "techworm" ... no result AFAIK.
Did a search for the term "turn sync" + "edge sync" ... there it was:
Earworm by JCO [web] & neuro
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=57518

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 707 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You got it! It's a bit of a tech demo but still pretty fun & playable. I wish there were a few more stages of it!

Reply 708 of 1640, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I'll check it out.
Though your last hint worried me. you see, in my language a direct translation of 'Earworm' is the bug called 'Earwig'.

It is about time I put up something new to guess. Something enterily different:

Snap1c.png
Filename
Snap1c.png
File size
259 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

(converted to 256 colors to decrease image size)

Reply 710 of 1640, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yep!
Race for the Galaxy is actually a physical card game. The screenshot is a computer implementation, made by Keldon. Link

Reply 712 of 1640, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Kung Fu Louie vs The Martial Art Posse.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 716 of 1640, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That`s Shadow Man

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel