Guess the game!!

Topic actions

Reply 1160 of 1640, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kadath wrote:
RadioPoultry wrote:

OK, guess the game! (Screenshot is cropped.)

Indovina_il_gioco.jpg

WTF

So it's a graphical-Zork style game placed in my Italy as background?! I'm curious, I didn't know anyrhing about this...

Yep! It takes place entirely on the east half of Capri. The game is very rough in quality, but it's very relaxing and has some nice music. I bought it at a Best Buy store years ago, back when they sold some pretty obscure adventure games.

Reply 1161 of 1640, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Next up for guessing... hint: not an in-game shot (that'd be too easy!)

vas_ist_das.png

Man, that's annoying. The graphics are extremely reminiscent of the kind of pre-rendered CGI used in the Little Big Adventure and Worms cutscenes but I can't place it!

p.s. I think a month could be considered 'dragging on too long' 😉

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 1163 of 1640, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow! So happy to see this thread still going 😁

Looks like this game is a hard one though. I have no idea...

Where's leileilol when we need him! Lol

Reply 1164 of 1640, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like Prince of Persia in Space.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1166 of 1640, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
brassicGamer wrote:
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Next up for guessing... hint: not an in-game shot (that'd be too easy!)

vas_ist_das.png

Man, that's annoying. The graphics are extremely reminiscent of the kind of pre-rendered CGI used in the Little Big Adventure and Worms cutscenes but I can't place it!

p.s. I think a month could be considered 'dragging on too long' 😉

Well, no one took a guess, even with the console game reference, so there were no "bumps" to keep the thread on my radar. 😉 Anyway, the game is Vigilance on Talos V.

Reply 1168 of 1640, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Another World + Prince of Persia = Tears of Fury

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 1169 of 1640, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bump. I'd like to not see this thread die - it's too much fun (although immensely frustrating at times - like so many other things!).

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 1170 of 1640, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Agreed. I'd be willing to post games that are way easier just to keep the flow going. I almost never knew the games that are typically posted, and I considered myself pretty knowledgeable on commercial games from the early to late 1990s. At least I read a few of the main gaming magazines every month cover to cover during that time. 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1171 of 1640, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:

Agreed. I'd be willing to post games that are way easier just to keep the flow going. I almost never knew the games that are typically posted, and I considered myself pretty knowledgeable on commercial games from the early to late 1990s. At least I read a few of the main gaming magazines every month cover to cover during that time. 😀

Ditto. Well I found the following game on a cover disc for a UK-based PC magazine in around 1993. Hopefully not too tough (had to play it for a bit to fool reverse image searching and 'shopped it to take the spoilers off):

game.jpg
Filename
game.jpg
File size
37.36 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1172 of 1640, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brassicGamer wrote:
clueless1 wrote:

Ditto. Well I found the following game on a cover disc for a UK-based PC magazine in around 1993. Hopefully not too tough (had to play it for a bit to fool reverse image searching and 'shopped it to take the spoilers off):

game.jpg

I had to do a bit of searching with Google, but I found it: Paranoid by The Bit Bucket Brothers!

Reply 1173 of 1640, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think I'm technically supposed to wait for confirmation, but I want to keep the game moving, so guess the game!

guessit.png
Filename
guessit.png
File size
2.43 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception