Guess the game!!

Announcements, advice, random banter, unrelated discussion, et cetera.

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby clueless1 » 2017-12-23 @ 17:26

@MrEWhite, @F2bnp - thanks for backing me. I didn't think what I said warranted that response. :(

@Wiles - tasteless. You are NOT helping.
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks
User avatar
clueless1
l33t
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: 2015-12-22 @ 17:43
Location: Midwest US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby TheAbandonwareGuy » 2017-12-23 @ 17:40

clueless1 wrote:@MrEWhite, @F2bnp - thanks for backing me. I didn't think what I said warranted that response. :(

@Wiles - tasteless. You are NOT helping.


Right sorry. I'm just a little on edge on vogons right now + real life stuff stressing me out. Ill admit my response outweighed the action.

Jade Retard is spamming me with alt accounts and porno.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFY6Z ... 2tV8b00x_A
1996|P200MMX|64MB EDO|Virge DX 4MB|SB16 OPL3
1999|P3 933|384MB SDR|GF2 Ultra 64MB|CT4620
User avatar
TheAbandonwareGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 2016-3-01 @ 02:09
Location: Southern Illinois, United States of America

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby clueless1 » 2017-12-23 @ 17:52

@TheAbandonwareGuy - we're good. Thanks for the apology, man.
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks
User avatar
clueless1
l33t
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: 2015-12-22 @ 17:43
Location: Midwest US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby BeginnerGuy » 2017-12-23 @ 18:30

TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:
clueless1 wrote:@MrEWhite, @F2bnp - thanks for backing me. I didn't think what I said warranted that response. :(

@Wiles - tasteless. You are NOT helping.


Right sorry. I'm just a little on edge on vogons right now + real life stuff stressing me out. Ill admit my response outweighed the action.

Jade Retard is spamming me with alt accounts and porno.


lol he's doing it to me too. Nobody here ever PMs me anyway so I delete them before I even open at this point.

----------------------------------------------------------
...I'm guessing I have to wait for the person who posted the game I replied to to verify I was right before I take my turn though right?
Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?
User avatar
BeginnerGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 577
Joined: 2016-12-19 @ 08:32
Location: North Carolina, US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby GoblinUpTheRoad » 2017-12-23 @ 21:09

BeginnerGuy wrote:Is this the one we're guessing? This looks like one of the parts in Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail. I remember wondering why their whiskers stood out so much :blush:

smoking beavers lol


Yep, that's it!

Image
User avatar
GoblinUpTheRoad
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 2015-10-10 @ 11:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby BeginnerGuy » 2017-12-24 @ 01:41

Yayyyyy

photo.jpg


not sure if this is very unique to the thread but here's my try
Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?
User avatar
BeginnerGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 577
Joined: 2016-12-19 @ 08:32
Location: North Carolina, US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby TheAbandonwareGuy » 2017-12-24 @ 02:28

BeginnerGuy wrote:Yayyyyy

photo.jpg


not sure if this is very unique to the thread but here's my try


Damn. I know the game but I don't remember the name. My brain is pretty much nuked after 4 hours straight of heroes of might and magic. Can we get a hint?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFY6Z ... 2tV8b00x_A
1996|P200MMX|64MB EDO|Virge DX 4MB|SB16 OPL3
1999|P3 933|384MB SDR|GF2 Ultra 64MB|CT4620
User avatar
TheAbandonwareGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 2016-3-01 @ 02:09
Location: Southern Illinois, United States of America

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby clueless1 » 2017-12-24 @ 02:39

Test Drive III: The Passion?
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks
User avatar
clueless1
l33t
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: 2015-12-22 @ 17:43
Location: Midwest US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby BeginnerGuy » 2017-12-24 @ 02:46

Hmm I'm not sure what a good hint would be. It was also released for Macintosh and its from the 1980s (which rules out test drive 3) :D -- screenshot is Ms dos version

i have to sleep though. Hectic holiday coming. If it's not gussed when I wake up ill try to get another screenshot and more obvious hint
Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?
User avatar
BeginnerGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 577
Joined: 2016-12-19 @ 08:32
Location: North Carolina, US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby GoblinUpTheRoad » 2017-12-24 @ 03:21

BeginnerGuy wrote:not sure if this is very unique to the thread but here's my try


Image ?
User avatar
GoblinUpTheRoad
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 2015-10-10 @ 11:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby BeginnerGuy » 2017-12-24 @ 12:25

Dingdingding! @GoblinUpTheRoad
Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?
User avatar
BeginnerGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 577
Joined: 2016-12-19 @ 08:32
Location: North Carolina, US

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby GoblinUpTheRoad » 2017-12-24 @ 21:20

BeginnerGuy wrote:Dingdingding! @GoblinUpTheRoad


Next one might be too difficult, but we'll see ->

pebblesisaweapon.jpg
User avatar
GoblinUpTheRoad
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 2015-10-10 @ 11:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby xjas » 2017-12-24 @ 21:24

^^ No idea on that one. If you think it's going to be difficult, post a hint every 12h or so until someone gets it. Keep the momentum going.
selected (probably) unfinished build threads { In a Lunchbox / Has It All / Hot Damn! / IT IS THE NINETIES / 20 Years of Junk }
User avatar
xjas
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: 2015-9-07 @ 02:29

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby GoblinUpTheRoad » 2017-12-25 @ 13:14

xjas wrote:post a hint every 12h or so until someone gets it. Keep the momentum going.


Was released on DOS, Amiga and Atari ST in the early 90's...
User avatar
GoblinUpTheRoad
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 2015-10-10 @ 11:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby TheAbandonwareGuy » 2017-12-25 @ 20:44

GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:
xjas wrote:post a hint every 12h or so until someone gets it. Keep the momentum going.


Was released on DOS, Amiga and Atari ST in the early 90's...


I even tried cheating and reverse image searching UI elements. This is gonna be a tough one.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFY6Z ... 2tV8b00x_A
1996|P200MMX|64MB EDO|Virge DX 4MB|SB16 OPL3
1999|P3 933|384MB SDR|GF2 Ultra 64MB|CT4620
User avatar
TheAbandonwareGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 2016-3-01 @ 02:09
Location: Southern Illinois, United States of America

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby konc » 2017-12-25 @ 20:52

Although GoblinUpTheRoad's "early 90s" hint is very accurate, this is actually a 1989 release. Just mentioning it not to confuse "researchers" seeking in the 90s :lol:
User avatar
konc
Oldbie
 
Posts: 934
Joined: 2013-1-14 @ 15:09
Location: Greece

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby GoblinUpTheRoad » 2017-12-25 @ 21:06

konc wrote:Although GoblinUpTheRoad's "early 90s" hint is very accurate, this is actually a 1989 release. Just mentioning it not to confuse "researchers" seeking in the 90s :lol:


Ah yes, apologies, it looks like is was 1989. One source I was looking at had it listed as 1991 for some reason, but all others have it as 1989.
User avatar
GoblinUpTheRoad
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 2015-10-10 @ 11:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby Firtasik » 2017-12-25 @ 21:22

"Obscure first person pseudo-RPG from 1989" ;)
11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111
User avatar
Firtasik
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: 2013-7-21 @ 19:07

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby TheAbandonwareGuy » 2017-12-25 @ 21:41

GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:
konc wrote:Although GoblinUpTheRoad's "early 90s" hint is very accurate, this is actually a 1989 release. Just mentioning it not to confuse "researchers" seeking in the 90s :lol:


Ah yes, apologies, it looks like is was 1989. One source I was looking at had it listed as 1991 for some reason, but all others have it as 1989.


Sleeping Gods Lie?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFY6Z ... 2tV8b00x_A
1996|P200MMX|64MB EDO|Virge DX 4MB|SB16 OPL3
1999|P3 933|384MB SDR|GF2 Ultra 64MB|CT4620
User avatar
TheAbandonwareGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 2016-3-01 @ 02:09
Location: Southern Illinois, United States of America

Re: Guess the game!!

Postby GoblinUpTheRoad » 2017-12-25 @ 22:02

TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:
GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:
konc wrote:Although GoblinUpTheRoad's "early 90s" hint is very accurate, this is actually a 1989 release. Just mentioning it not to confuse "researchers" seeking in the 90s :lol:


Ah yes, apologies, it looks like is was 1989. One source I was looking at had it listed as 1991 for some reason, but all others have it as 1989.


Sleeping Gods Lie?


Correctamundo!
User avatar
GoblinUpTheRoad
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: 2015-10-10 @ 11:11
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Milliways

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Robin4 and 1 guest