Common searches

Campers suck

Topic actions

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got this video on my Facebook feed today, and wonder how many of you do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn1gWZHNvL4

Reply 1 of 22, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Personally i don't give a crap. I don't play these kiddy FPS'es, and everyone can play a game using the tactics they want. Trolling and screwing with everybody else's game i do have a problem.

Pulling this kind of stuff in the ARMA series is just gonna get you f**cked up. You can snipe from 1 mile away but you better relocate, otherwise sooner or later someone is gonna get you. I like how kids get frustrated with ARMA because they can't hit shit while in COD they are such badasses. So these people go away, which is good for who wants to play seriously.

Reply 3 of 22, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Campers provide a counter to the run-n-gun team deathmatch style of play. You can't flame one without flaming the other. For every sneaky, detestable camper out there, there's a bunny hopping jackass.

There really is no difference. They are the two sides to the same coin, and not even worth debating. The pubescent rage at either will never match the emotion of telling your battle buddy they're going to make it while watching them slowly fade out of this world into the next because the med-evac didn't get there in time. That's the stark reality of war.

A little perspective would temper either camp. They should just be thankful it's a game, and remind themselves of that as much as they enjoy reminding others.

Reply 5 of 22, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
smeezekitty wrote:

Sorry I am out of the loop. What is a "Camper"?

Thats when a player commonly hiding ( or stay on the same place) when he is playing the game..
And hiding a such way he can easilly shoot his opponent to death..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 6 of 22, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hehe, I LOVE 'campers' 🤣! 😀

http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogic.com/sno … s_Homestead.htm

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net

Reply 9 of 22, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Robin4 wrote:
smeezekitty wrote:

Thats when a player commonly hiding ( or stay on the same place) when he is playing the game..

Yes and also setting mines and other traps along the path leading to his hiding spot that can't be avoided. They choose a path that is typically narrow so multiple enemies will have to pass through single file to get to him. If the traps along the way don't kill all of them, they will weaken them so much that it only takes a shot or two to finish them off then they just reset the traps and go back into hiding and wait for the next group to show up. These are the guys who usually finish with the best kill to death ratios at the end of the match that everyone complains about in chat or in the waiting room between matches.

Reply 10 of 22, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Been a long time since I played first person shooters multiplayer, but when I did, I would typically only camp once in awhile just for fun, and only for a minute or two until I got bored because... well... let's face it: Camping is BORING. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 11 of 22, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
Robin4 wrote:
smeezekitty wrote:

Yes and also setting mines and other traps along the path leading to his hiding spot that can't be avoided. They choose a path that is typically narrow so multiple enemies will have to pass through single file to get to him. If the traps along the way don't kill all of them, they will weaken them so much that it only takes a shot or two to finish them off then they just reset the traps and go back into hiding and wait for the next group to show up. These are the guys who usually finish with the best kill to death ratios at the end of the match that everyone complains about in chat or in the waiting room between matches.

Ahh okay. I don't play MMOFPS games so that's why I didn't know.

It does sound like a jerkish thing to do especially if traps are set in an area that can't be avoided.

Reply 12 of 22, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm ok with camping 😀 We used to play CS 1.6 with friends and one of them kept hiding in de_dust2 behind the green crate next to CT base. He shot me twice as I was coming from the long passway and on the third time I took a Magnum rifle and shot right in the middle of the crate. Guess what... I got his head somehow 😁

Reply 13 of 22, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If a game promotes undesirable ways of play than it is bad game, rather than bad players. Often the camping whining comes from people who just don't know how to counter it.

Last edited by Putas on 2015-02-23, 19:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 15 of 22, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Battlefield emphasizes on control of vehicles in a wide expansive map and Call of Duty emphasizes on close quarters combat and buttons that call vehicles to do your killing for you

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 17 of 22, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

Battlefield emphasizes on control of vehicles in a wide expansive map and Call of Duty emphasizes on close quarters combat and buttons that call vehicles to do your killing for you

I wouldn't call Battlfield maps wide or expansive but anyway... For me Call of Duty and Battlefield are pretty much same type of run and gun game. Get killed, respawn, run and shoot from the hip. So much about being Rambo.

Reply 18 of 22, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I do not know what they did with the Spawn system in the Halo: Master Chief Edition (played it at a friends house last month) but it really feels broken, even compared to a lot of previous games. Around 50% of the time me and my buddy spawned we were either in a perfect position to wreck some enemies or we spawned surrounded by enemies or with a guy right behind us. Also that Match Making time is horrendous

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 19 of 22, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't mind camping so as long as the game doesn't make it the end-all be-all way of killing opponents. If the game makes it perfectly counterable, then whatever. No use focusing on complaining about it over having fun. 😁

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U