http://www.winbeta.org/news/gdc-2015-microsof … goes-live-today

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So it's round 2... All that pc and x1 integration sound like trouble to me, why can't they leave it's device alone and unique? Didn't they learn from the metro "experience" ?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 5, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Greater integration between XBox and Windows has always been a goal of theirs ever since the first XBox was released. It only makes sense that making Windows games compatible with the XBox Live service would be a part of that plan. Lets see if any Indie game developers for Windows take advantage.

Reply 4 of 5, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I already have to deal with both DirectInput and XInput. If there's yet another THIRD interface I have to deal with in the future just to support ONE kind of controller... >_>;

Even just having two interfaces is enough to bother coders as most games only support DirectInput or XInput, not both. I know DirectInput is fading into obscurity but tons of people still have older high-end controllers which use it and aren't about to shell out $200+ for new ones, which may not be as good in the first place. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg