VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Last night I've finally managed to beat my personal record on Cote d'Azur. My best effort so far is 2:03.59. Can you beat it?

Post here videos or screenshots of your records on various tracks in this game.

Here's mine:

https://youtu.be/dqsvJBzixrA

Reply 2 of 8, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What do you mean by non-standard?

I only used what was available in the game out-of-the-box, that is performance parts and car settings (tire pressure, toe in etc.) and that's it. No mods/trainers/cheats/file edits here.

Reply 3 of 8, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used to play Need for Speed Porsche 2000 quite extensively and I know I clocked very good scores.
It was one of my favourite (and still is) Need for Speed games due to the good realism in the handling of the cars (not to mention the very beautiful scenery).
Unfortunately, it's probably been 12 years or more since I last played the game but, if I do get around to brushing up on my driving skills, I'll let you know.

Reply 5 of 8, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Loved that game. I raced EVERY car on every race they were accepted. This meant I raced 356's so often I could beat all the golden era cars in a 356.
No way could I do that now

Reply 6 of 8, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Davros wrote:

Ive never seen that car, I did try and install the official addon 959 but cant get it to show up in game

The card he is using is a 1997 911 GT2 and is one of the four official addons that EA released (959, 928, 911 GT3, 911 GT2)

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 7 of 8, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually, the car I used was the 1995 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6 Coupé (available in the stock game). The reason why it looks like a GT2 is because I installed the GT2 wing on it. I'm not sure if it actually does anything to the performance but it sure makes it look more like a proper racecar.

Reply 8 of 8, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yasashii wrote:

Actually, the car I used was the 1995 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6 Coupé (available in the stock game). The reason why it looks like a GT2 is because I installed the GT2 wing on it. I'm not sure if it actually does anything to the performance but it sure makes it look more like a proper racecar.

Indeed. Now that I see better, there are some differences on the bodykit between the 993 Turbo 3.6 and the 993 GT2..

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png