VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As a matter of facts I own a lot of software from the 80's, 90's and early 2000. Now I wanted to sort all this out and put it in a kind of database.

Now first of all, before I start a new Access of Paradox database, I was wondering if there is already something out there for free that I could use (must run on Windows 2000).

And second is there an online database for software information (like the IMDb for movies)? Were I can find information about release date, minimum requirements and OS support. Google mostly gives not the information I needed. Some years ago there was Versiontracker but than CNET ate it.

I also planned to convert all my CD's to iso's for better/longer storage. And also want to catalogoize those into the database.

Reply 2 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Roman78 wrote:

Now first of all, before I start a new Access of Paradox database, I was wondering if there is already something out there for free that I could use (must run on Windows 2000).

It is difficult to say without knowing more about what you expect to do with this database. You could probably manage it with a spreadsheet if you really wanted to.