The Dig
Zak McKracken

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 3 of 11, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Weren't all those released in a compilation package at some point?

I have a 3.5" floppy compilation package with Maniac Mansion, Last Crusade, Monkey 1, Loom and Zak. But my Loom is the EGA non talkie version.

Reply 4 of 11, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, that was the Lucasarts Classic Adventures, from around twenty years ago.
http://www.amazon.com/LucasArts-Classic-Adven … S/dp/B000NKC60O

Loom (the CD Talkie), The Dig, and MI2 all came out on Steam quite some time ago.

I didn't even know Emperor's Tomb was released on PC, but apparently it was. Those were the days before Steam, and I guess Lucasarts never released it on a budget label so that it would sit around collecting dust for all time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_an … mperor%27s_Tomb

Reply 6 of 11, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
laxdragon wrote:

Nice. I really wanted a cleaned up digital release of Outlaws.

I heart Outlaws but it's the only game I've played that makes me nauseous. Hopefully GOG have removed whatever it was that made me want to vom 🤣

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 7 of 11, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Badmojo, did you disable 'head bob'? That did it for me... [worst 'effect' ever created for PC games IMHO].

Only real issue I have is that the music is not restored after "resuming' a game - say if you exit to the Options menu - then resume play. As a work around save first then restore the save and the music plays.

Reply 8 of 11, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tincup wrote:

Badmojo, did you disable 'head bob'? That did it for me... [worst 'effect' ever created for PC games IMHO].

I didn't know you could do that! I always thought it was the long draw distance + 2.5D + looking up / down which gives you those warped perspectives, but maybe it was the bobbing.

Thank-you, I might be able to finish it now.

Reply 9 of 11, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hope it works! One of my all time favorite games... the Sergio Leone spaghetti western sound track is the best music to grace a game - taunts are just great, and even the cut scenes [something I usually cringe at in games] are really well done - spot on animation. An all around classic.

Reply 10 of 11, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tincup wrote:

Hope it works! One of my all time favorite games... the Sergio Leone spaghetti western sound track is the best music to grace a game - taunts are just great, and even the cut scenes [something I usually cringe at in games] are really well done - spot on animation. An all around classic.

I tried this last night and indeed I was able to play for an hour or so without wanting to blow chunks. Thanks again for the tip!

Reply 11 of 11, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Only issue I'm having is that the music doesn't resume after exiting game to save. To get the music to play you need to Load the savegame you just made - not 'Resume' play. At least that's what's happening with my setup. Cool game.