VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by frisky dingo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just found a abit VP6 and I'll like to put a pair of 1.4ghz PIII-s in it. It's in the mail right now.
I know I'll need to do a pin mod or use a socket adapter. I have one 1.4ghz PIII-s and a socket adapter but I hate to pin mod or buy a second adapter and cpu only to find it does not work. Has anyone gotten the VP6 to work with dual 1.4ghz PIII-s

Reply 1 of 2, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Lin Lin adapters generally don't work in dual processor mode in these motherboards. You can use one in single processor mode, though. If the board has dual Tualatins installed, they are probably already pin modded.

Reply 2 of 2, by frisky dingo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

The Lin Lin adapters generally don't work in dual processor mode in these motherboards. You can use one in single processor mode, though. If the board has dual Tualatins installed, they are probably already pin modded.

I have have no clue what cpu's are installed in the board I did not ask as I did not care.
that being said I have no clue who made my tualatin socket adapter. All I know is that it's worked in every broad I tried it in and that it has jumpers to change the pin mods settings. It also has a sticker in it with its production date something in 2006 if I recall correctly.