VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I completely forget the name to this game but I've found it by chance on the net more than once in the past so I know it's not rare or anything.

Basically, it's a DOS game where you need to train armies in Medieval times and lead them into battle as one of the characters in said army. You could recruit a whole bunch of different classes and I think you could switch to them at will during battle. There was a multiplayer mode where at least two players could play cooperatively, playing as characters in the same army, and I also remember the game being extremely difficult, especially given how slowly everyone levelled up.

Character sprites were limited to tile sizes and I believe it ran in 320x200 256-colours, but I'm not 100% certain on that point.

I'm also still looking for that old Windows 3.1 dungeon crawl with solid red walls and a black background. No luck on that front. (Still not entirely convinced the game was ever released as I may've inadvertently been playing some programmer's own creation, given that I played it at someone else's place as a kid.)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 7 of 8, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's Gladiator! :)

Unfortunately, the company's website no longer exists... :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 8 of 8, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gemini000 wrote:

It's Gladiator! 😀

Unfortunately, the company's website no longer exists... 😜

If you are interested in playing it on a newer OS, there is an SDL port based on the original source: http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/site … i?page=openglad