VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DiskingRound

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

http://torrentfreak.com/microsoft-takes-pirat … offline-150415/
That is all.

People who use Norton Antivirus should shame themselves for being so poor and unable to afford a real antivirus. It keeps recognizing everything as Suspicious.Cloud and WS.Reputation.1. Just use MSE or better.

Reply 2 of 8, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah it's like YAAAWWN!!!!

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 3 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well the website where they are compiling the code and adding features and bugfixes is still up. 😉

"Today, more than 10 years after it was first published, pretty much all exploits have been patched."

🤣. No. Heck just this year there have been a couple of vulnerabilities posted that affect all versions of Windows.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 8, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Probably no technical reason just like there's no technical reason you can't have usb support.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 6 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is the same code that's been available for years, isn't it?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Fina … rs-478432.shtml

I recall when it first leaked that it was noted that it definitely wasn't the full source, but portions Microsoft would occasionally make specifically available for certain development purposes. Has someone actually managed to do something useful with it during all this time?

Reply 7 of 8, by DiskingRound

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

This is the same code that's been available for years, isn't it?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Fina … rs-478432.shtml

I recall when it first leaked that it was noted that it definitely wasn't the full source, but portions Microsoft would occasionally make specifically available for certain development purposes. Has someone actually managed to do something useful with it during all this time?

They misinterpreted the TF article. Only the NT4 source got taken down, not 2000 AFAIK.
And yes, someone illegally compiled the NT4 source in 2010. He never got caught.

People who use Norton Antivirus should shame themselves for being so poor and unable to afford a real antivirus. It keeps recognizing everything as Suspicious.Cloud and WS.Reputation.1. Just use MSE or better.

Reply 8 of 8, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Caluser2000 wrote:

Probably no technical reason just like there's no technical reason you can't have usb support.

You can get USB support without much hassle.

The way I did it was with some driver for an USB web-cam and then some other driver to get support for USB memory sticks and HDDs but im sure ther are other methods.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.