VOGONS

Common searches

Kung Fury!

Topic actions

First post, by TELEPACMAN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did not noticed this until today, Kung Fury official movie is out for anyone to watch,
here it is guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Reply 4 of 10, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Cute the first time, reminds me of Danger 5's second season. It's hard to appreciate something trying to be so bad it's good intentionally though, and feels as if they're trying too hard. (Much like the second season of Danger 5.)

I enjoyed Iron Sky's soundtrack though.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 5 of 10, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I find the movie awesome! Looking forward to see the second movie, which will surely come.

There are some really awesome quotes like I was hit by lightning and bitten by a cobra and the insolent product placement commercial is so good 😁

Reply 6 of 10, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think it's kind of fortunate that they only wound up with a half-hour film, as it's all too easy to ruin something like this by dragging it out too long. As it is, it's just right. Apparently they're really going to try for 90 minutes of the same thing, and I can't imagine if that can work at all.

Also, darn nice of them to make it free-for-all right off the bat. (I can't help but think of poor Starpocalypse, whose creators made so much brilliant sketch-comedy, only for their swan song to be this rather poor kickstarted long-form piece that they kept behind a paywall for the first year – albeit a cheap one.)

calvin wrote:

Cute the first time, reminds me of Danger 5's second season. It's hard to appreciate something trying to be so bad it's good intentionally though, and feels as if they're trying too hard. (Much like the second season of Danger 5.)

I keep forgetting about Danger 5. It seemed intriguing the first time I heard of it.

Reply 7 of 10, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice one, The 80's effects and synthesizer background music are spot on.
I do wonder if there would have been a more fitting enemy then Nazis though... More Laser Raptors instead.

Reminds me of; "It's always sunny in Philadelphia - The gang makes Lethal Weapon 6". There is also a Lethal Weapon 5 remake from them, but 6 is better.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 8 of 10, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Watched it on Steam, pretty overrated TBH, it didn't add anything you've seen in the (admittedly funny) trailer apart from a very lame endbattle.
I also didn't like the coloring, which made me crosseyed, was it supposed to be viewed in 3D?

Reply 10 of 10, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Procyon wrote:

Watched it on Steam, pretty overrated TBH, it didn't add anything you've seen in the (admittedly funny) trailer apart from a very lame endbattle.
I also didn't like the coloring, which made me crosseyed, was it supposed to be viewed in 3D?

The effect is called chromatic aberration and its nowhere near as harsh when viewing the movie on an actual CRT TV or CRT Monitor as it is on modern PLASMA/LCD/LED TVs. Besides the movie is just so new-retro that it is definately worth viewing the entire movie on a CRT screen. 😉

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁