VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The site is giving me an error for a while.

Anyone have any details? So much good information in the archived forums on that site. I basically learnt most of what I know about Roland MIDI modules from members on that site.

On the current site:

Note: The Sierra Soundtracks files - which were previously available from QuestStudios.com - may be relocated to another web site. If this transpires, a link will be provided to the new location.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 1 of 12, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been aware of that for a while, now. Most of the resources can be found elsewhere. I have all of the Sierra sound drivers on my site and probably have quite a few of the the utilities or their equivalents, too. Sierra Music Central has a lot of Sierra soundtracks.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Great Hierophant covers the situation here:
http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2015/06/t … -200-posts.html

If it could at least be temporarily put back online, I would be happy to sic #archiveteam on backing it up to the Internet Archive in full.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 12, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:

Too bad. To be fair QS was very quiet the past 2 years.

QuestStudios was always more than just its forum though. It was an expression of Tom Lewandowski's passion for the music of Sierra's games, MIDI, and the Roland MT-32.

Reply 8 of 12, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just dropping this here for those that are unaware. I agree that QS has much unique material that SMC doesn't have. They were two very different sites anyway with different goals. I'm glad QS has a new home.

http://www.midimusicadventures.com/queststudios/

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 11 of 12, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

He is still uploading each soundtrack separately and it takes time. He'll eventually have it all up there. Give him time.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 12 of 12, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've read nerdlypleasures's blog entry. Why would anyone hack / attack queststudios, i really don't understand this. I agree that the forums, at least for me, were the highlight of this website. I learnt so much from that forum.

YouTube, Facebook, Website