VOGONS

Common searches

Anyone else dislike multiplayer? No, just me?

Topic actions

Reply 62 of 68, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I grew up with 'multiplayer' games in the sense of games on Atari, C64, Amiga and such (as well as arcade games), which you could play with 2 people or more.
I loved those.
But online multiplayer, I don't like that as much, partly because you play with complete strangers, and there's not much communication of what you're going to do. There's also a lot of people who are sore losers.
Eg, I liked to play F1 2012/2013/2014 in single-player mode. But when I tried it online, there were people who just crashed into you or pushed you off the track when you overtook them. Where's the fun in that? At least computer players don't pull any of those kamikaze-actions.
Another issue with that particular game is that it is played in sessions... So you have to wait until the qualifying or the race is over until you can join a game. That means you often have to wait 15+ minutes to start.
I guess this sort of game only works if you have a group of friends who play the same game at the same time. I'm not really a gamer, so I don't belong to any such groups. I just casually want to play a game now and then.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 64 of 68, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not a multiplayer myself. Would always prefer to play at my own pace without stress or compulsion.

Occasionally play Ultra Street Fighter IV - for a quick match. Very occasionally. Maybe 2 or 3 match once in a while. Used to play Diablo 2 with my buddy (since school) and occasionally Sega Genesis or MAME games using Kaillera.

Other than that, do not like playing in a MMO environment. I'm also not the type who wants to prove as the best in the crowd.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 65 of 68, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PeterLI wrote:
Yasashii wrote:

I play AOE2 to win. It is fun to destroy someone. 😀

Not into AOE2, but Black Ops 2 and Battlefield 4. I'm also playing to win. I don't chat with others, a lone wolf, as many just muck around. I find it cool that I can often keep up with the young kids and that 😀

Got hight anticipation for Black Ops III. Best time is when a game just launched, everyone is figuring out the maps, the weapons, what's good, what's garbage. Can't wait.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 66 of 68, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've really only played two multiplayer computer games. The first was DOOM. I used to play on a local BBS that hosted four player software. This would have been in 1994 or 1995. There was a small, regular group of players and the only communication channel then was text chat. The second is iRacing. You must use real names and the structure of the service limits mostly keeps the trouble makers out. I mostly race in leagues, so its still a regular crowd.

Tualatin Celeron 1.4 + Powerleap PL-IP3/T, ASUS P2B, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, 32GB IDE SSD, Dell 2001FP

Reply 67 of 68, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really enjoy Multiplayer CoOp games.
I'm too bad to play against others but with others it's super fun.
Like when you steal the last medipack in a round of Left4Dead 😁
Or delete a portal over a deadly trap in Portal 2..
I mostly play them with two friends, one lives in Berlin one in Swiss, that's a great way to stay in contact.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 68 of 68, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Solarstorm wrote:
I really enjoy Multiplayer CoOp games. I'm too bad to play against others but with others it's super fun. Like when you steal th […]
Show full quote

I really enjoy Multiplayer CoOp games.
I'm too bad to play against others but with others it's super fun.
Like when you steal the last medipack in a round of Left4Dead 😁
Or delete a portal over a deadly trap in Portal 2..
I mostly play them with two friends, one lives in Berlin one in Swiss, that's a great way to stay in contact.

Portal 2 is awesome. I have never had a chance to try Coop though.