VOGONS

Common searches

Any of you on Windows 10?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 220 of 228, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Gentoo (or Arch) is what you use when you just want to fuck around with Linux. All the other distros are good if you want to use your computer to actually accomplish tasks.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 221 of 228, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:
Dreamer_of_the_past wrote:

There are instructions on internet on how to check it and see for your self. If you will do everything right a step by step, you will see screenshots of your desktop being sent to Microsoft.

[citation needed]

Here is the link with videos http://krautkanal.com/int/30503567

Last edited by Dreamer_of_the_past on 2015-09-10, 02:41. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 222 of 228, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:

There are instructions on internet on how to check it and see for your self. If you will do everything right a step by step, you will see screenshots of your desktop being sent to Microsoft.

[citation needed]

Here is the link with videos http://krautkanal.com/int/30503567

The comments say it all.

I'll tl;dw the video for you: > has some packets in smartsniff > exports a TCP/IP stream > some .bin falls out > throws it in […]
Show full quote

I'll tl;dw the video for you:
> has some packets in smartsniff
> exports a TCP/IP stream
> some .bin falls out
> throws it into a program called RSA_Decryptor that doesn't even take a decryption key
> two files fall out of it, one a screenshot
proofs level: roughly zero

Yes, Internet knight in silver armour "marshallchen_" has blown the lid off something huge right there, with that totally legit "RSA_Decryptor".

Think anybody can find this "RSA_Decryptor" program? Maybe the Twitter post?

https://twitter.com/nummerok/status/634308778104590337

Hahahaha, no:

Gerardo ‏@cabger30 Aug 21 @nummerok rsa_decryptor link please!! […]
Show full quote

Gerardo ‏@cabger30 Aug 21
@nummerok rsa_decryptor link please!!

Nummer ‏@nummerok Aug 21
@cabger30 https://www.google.ru/search?q=rsa+decrypt

SUPER LEGIT.

This is about as useful as that Czech blog's "proof" of "We captured is in Process Monitor (wrong tool btw). Of course, we won't provide screenshots or capture files."

Reply 223 of 228, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

Gentoo (or Arch) is what you use when you just want to fuck around with Linux. All the other distros are good if you want to use your computer to actually accomplish tasks.

Yeah that's what I learned, the reason I tried it is because I have another friend who always shoves the high versatility of his system in my face when I cannot get something to work. Personally I have things I want to get done with my life, I don't have every hour of every day to learn how to get gentoo up and functioning. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 224 of 228, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

This is about as useful as that Czech blog's "proof" of "We captured is in Process Monitor (wrong tool btw). Of course, we won't provide screenshots or capture files."

OK, let's wait and see when China officially bans Windows 10 from government computers just like Windows 8. If that won't tell you anything then I don't know what will.

Reply 225 of 228, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, let's wait and see when China officially bans Windows 10 from government computers just like Windows 8. If that won't tell you anything then I don't know what will.

China bans lots of things.

I like negatively discussing my government in public, but that's banned in China. Should I stop doing it?

Reply 226 of 228, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

China bans lots of things.

I like negatively discussing my government in public, but that's banned in China. Should I stop doing it?

Have you ever heard of this expression " Everything happens for a reason " unless you trying to tell me that China has banned Windows 8 just for fun...I've noticed how aggressively you have been defending Windows 10 in this topic, makes me wonder if you're a Microsoft employee or something 😀

Reply 227 of 228, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you ever heard of this expression " Everything happens for a reason " unless you trying to tell me that China has banned Windows 8 just for fun...

Nice false dichotomy. "It's not for no reason, so my reason must be true"

After the Snowden leaks, and the NSA revelations, I would be surprised if any government going forward didn't at least investigate rolling their own OS.

China, with all of its manpower, would be silly not to write its own in-house OS for governmental use.

To say Windows 8 is "banned" is simply a synonym for "decided not to use".

I've noticed how aggressively you have been defending Windows 10 in this topic, makes me wonder if you're a Microsoft employee or something 😀

[/quote]

All I have done is to point out the complete lack of evidence. I'm not claiming that the opposite is true, but simply that the claims thus far have not been substantiated.

It's not my problem that your cognitive dissonance won't allow you to even consider that marshallchen_/@cabger30 might be a scamster trying to generate traffic for his blog for ad revenue. That they are so unwilling to provide the tools they used should ring alarm bells.

I get it. You want to believe! Micro$haft r teh 3v1ls!!. But for the love of christ, you can't just accept everything you read on face value. This may shock you, but PEOPLE LIE ON THE INTERNET!!

Most of the "big" claims about Windows 10's chattiness have come from unknown sources, presenting little or no evidence. Some of them have done better than others, and there are valid concerns about the OS potentially not honouring opt-outs, but the substantiated claims so far have been a far cry from "HOLY CRAP IT LOGS YOUR KEYSTROKES IN CLEARTEXT AND SENDS SCREENSHOTS BY DNS". It's the latter claims that piss me off, and they're parroted across the Internet purely because of how sensational they are, and with little scrutiny.

If the person (people?) you linked to, OR the author of that Czech blog linked earlier, are willing to come forward with the log files, packet captures, screenshots, tools, etc, then maybe there'll be something to talk about.