VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi guys,

there's an eBay seller from Germany selling 3dfx case badges but he hasn't got one that only features the logo without kitsch. Does anyone know where to get one?

On second thought, a case badge like he's selling only with "Voodoo 2 SLI" instead of "Voodoo 5 5500" on the bottom would also be cool 😀

Cheers,
SainT

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 1 of 19, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

If you can afford it, I would suggest to try here instead:

http://www.case-badges.com/

Select a design you want, follow their instructions, submit your order, and wait (minimum order quantity is 10 badges). This is what I did back in March when I also wanted 3dfx case badges; the results were better than I expected.

fYIMaqul.png

International orders are accepted, you can find more details here:

http://www.case-badges.com/shippinginfo.html

Here is the original thread where I found out about this site:

Case badges

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 3 of 19, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got some of the German case-badges a while back for shits and giggles, thought they looked good. I don't remember exactly which ones I got... they're around here somewhere...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 4 of 19, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
Half-Saint wrote:

That's all cool but unless there's 9 other people wanting the same case badge design... what am I gonna do with 10 of the same? 😀

They way I see it there isn't much of a choice.

- Have them custom made and either sell off or use the leftover badges on later PC builds.

- Buy any available 3dfx badges at present.

- Wait until someone has the badges you want (or knows someone that has them).

There is another option - make the badges yourself, just need to buy any supplies needed. Here is a webpage that describes the process:

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Computer- … Badge/?ALLSTEPS

I did consider doing this myself, but I'm not good at all handling epoxy (either it got too bubbly or the coating was very uneven 😵 ). I just went with the custom order.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 5 of 19, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've got one from this seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DFX-Sticker-20-x-20m … 56/331634354118

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 6 of 19, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

That seller is awesome!!!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 7 of 19, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:
Artex wrote:

Yep! A bunch of random but useful stuff.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 8 of 19, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:
Artex wrote:

You sure about that? His/her responses to negative feedbacks:

"Customer ordered wrong size and it's my fault they are uneducated and can't read"
"So I get a negative because your are a moron which can't read. VERY NICE."
"Buyer received EXACTLY what was pictured but was too stupid to understand it!!"
"Customer was too stupid to follow payment instructions and now cries about it!!"
"Payment methods are clear in my auction. Buyer doesn't know how to read or pay!"

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 9 of 19, by mikeshoster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found this thread looking for 3DFX badges. I bought few badges for my custom build from this eBay seller. Pretty decent, had very good service and badges were amazing!. Did not find 3DFX badges though:

Reply 10 of 19, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mikeshoster wrote:

Found this thread looking for 3DFX badges. I bought few badges for my custom build from this eBay seller. Pretty decent, had very good service and badges were amazing!. Did not find 3DFX badges though:

He has one now as well as the one with the Aureal logo on it, but personally I am not sure if I would pay $12 for a case badge unless I really wanted one badly. It makes me wonder, how much does it cost to make one.

Reply 11 of 19, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This guy from Germany has interesting 3Dfx badges with a 3D effect. What is really funny is that these are cheaper to get from Germany.

http://www.ebay.de/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=moh … w=3dfx&_sacat=0

Reply 12 of 19, by mikeshoster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dreamer_of_the_past wrote:
mikeshoster wrote:

He has one now as well as the one with the Aureal logo on it, but personally I am not sure if I would pay $12 for a case badge unless I really wanted one badly. It makes me wonder, how much does it cost to make one.

That is awesome! may be when I find extra few bucks I'll get one as I agree these things are a bit pricey. Though I have to say, ones I got looked much better in RL then on pictures (got nVidia and Intel ones)

Reply 13 of 19, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've just had a batch of 3fdx logo case badges made (white and orange on black). I don't think I'll be needing all of them so if anyone is interested in buying any please PM me (, not making any profit here just want to cover some of the cost back.) W.

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 14 of 19, by Neco

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:
If you can afford it, I would suggest to try here instead: […]
Show full quote

If you can afford it, I would suggest to try here instead:

http://www.case-badges.com/

Select a design you want, follow their instructions, submit your order, and wait (minimum order quantity is 10 badges). This is what I did back in March when I also wanted 3dfx case badges; the results were better than I expected.

Case badges

$30 for some case badges no way jose 😒

Reply 16 of 19, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What about putting some into one picture taking them to say Kinko's or similar and getting it printed off in color on card stock, applying a clear coat and double sided tape. You'd get sturdy and the clear coat would add the shiny, and the double sided tape would add the sticky

Reply 17 of 19, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can have those done locally at kiosks that make custom stickers / t-shirts / keychains / mugs / mouse pads / posters etc. They are pretty cheap and you get them the next day.

Reply 18 of 19, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I work for a company that makes them but their printing leaves much to be desired as does the process of making them. I went with case-badges.com because they use proper litho printing presses and a doming machine rather than a double syringe applicator like most kiosks do. I'll post some photos of the resulting badges when they arrive.

EDIT: Techiant case badges arrived. Pictures attached. I have a few spares, PM me if interested.

0-neu-d1-919a40f363b845969a591af6ef9c6064.jpg
Filename
File size
105.27 KiB
Views
File comment
3dfx case badge 2
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Attachments

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 19 of 19, by 32kofdata

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Whiskey wrote on 2017-01-20, 09:39:

EDIT: Techiant case badges arrived. Pictures attached. I have a few spares, PM me if interested.

This is a long shot... but do you happen to still have a couple of these badges?