Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
Skyscraper wrote:
How about this! Notice the marks on the inside of the box from the cards tumbling around. These cards were sold as working, not […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:

Worst thing ever is poor packaging. I've had computers shipped to me wrapped in nothing more than a cut up paper grocery bag tied up with twine. I've had CPU's shipped in nothing more than an envelope without even a piece of styrofoam to protect the pins. I've also had video cards shipped in envelopes with no consideration for the myriad of tiny parts that could break off if it's mishandled. I'm sure everyone here has similar (or worse) horror stories involving sellers who were too cheap (or possibly too stupid) to ship things properly.

I've also had sellers list things as complete in box, they even show you the original box in the photos, but on arrival everything is jammed into a tiny "If it fits, it ships" box from the post office because it's cheaper and the seller has already discarded the original box when asked about it. If you're not going to ship the original box with the item, then don't advertise the item as complete in box.Complete in box means just what it says, that you will get all items shown IN THE ORIGINAL BOX.

And then there's the ones who sell things complete in box and actually do ship the box with the item but the box ends up being smashed in transit because, again, they didn't take proper precautions to protect it. If I'm paying you a premium price to get an item complete in box, I want the box to be PERFECT, or close to it. Whatever condition the box is shown in, is the condition I expect it to be in when it arrives or else be prepared for a "item not as described" complaint to be filed.

How about this! Notice the marks on the inside of the box from the cards tumbling around.
These cards were sold as working, not as gold scrap.

Awesome_packaging.JPG

How many broken capacitors did you find rolling around the bottom of the box when you unpacked it?

Too many to count... I could not even give the seller bad rep as I would have gotten bad rep back and Im not going to ruin my flawless rep score on the Swedish Ebay clone Tradera.

These days its not often I buy from someone that hasnt got perfect or close to perfect feedback score.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 21 of 23, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you need an awesome and fully working SS7 board I have an FIC PA-2013 for sale (as of recently) which previously housed my elite SS7 build of a K6-III 500 (oc) with a couple of 128MB SD-100 sticks. Had many different AGP cards running in there but finally settled on a TNT2 Ultra with a couple of VooDoo 2's. Both woefully overpowered for the build, but hey... I had them.

Recently decommissioned and now for sale. IF I ever get round to listing it. I bought 3 of those AMD-K6 cpu's a while back on eBay from a German seller. Still have the other 2 in the packets they shipped in. But the FIC PA-2013 is my best SS7 board by far. I have one or two others, but none of note. They do all have AGP slots though!

And back to topic ... reasons to punch eBay sellers in the face!

Try selling an absolutely MINT Gigabyte UD2 H55 1156 motherboard which was air cleaned the day of shipping with a compressor, CPU guard installed and all the original packing + accessories (unopened) for an amazing BIN price, only to be so stupid and careless (and trustworthy) to use a stock image and not understand the number of slime out there, to have the customer raise a complaint saying the board was DOA, covered in dirt and with missing pins etc, no manuals or accessories. Even posted pictures of SUCH A BOARD to PayPal, which WON her the claim, and I lose both my £55, 100% feedback rating and motherboard and 2 weeks later to pour salt in the wound I get that exact sorry package through the post. Straight in the wheelie bin. eBay? ... haven't been back to it since (as a seller).

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 22 of 23, by AlphaDangerDen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought a Socket 7 board a few years back and it was shipped in one of those frozen new york pizza boxes. Like wut?

Last edited by AlphaDangerDen on 2015-09-30, 08:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 23 of 23, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Iris030380 wrote:

And back to topic ... reasons to punch eBay sellers in the face!

Try selling an absolutely MINT Gigabyte UD2 H55 1156 motherboard which was air cleaned the day of shipping with a compressor, CPU guard installed and all the original packing + accessories (unopened) for an amazing BIN price, only to be so stupid and careless (and trustworthy) to use a stock image and not understand the number of slime out there, to have the customer raise a complaint saying the board was DOA, covered in dirt and with missing pins etc, no manuals or accessories. Even posted pictures of SUCH A BOARD to PayPal, which WON her the claim, and I lose both my £55, 100% feedback rating and motherboard and 2 weeks later to pour salt in the wound I get that exact sorry package through the post. Straight in the wheelie bin. eBay? ... haven't been back to it since (as a seller).

Sounds like a buyer needs a punch in the face! What vermin that person is.

I felt like punching a seller in the face recently though, he posted a few 5.25" drives as used, I bought a number of them, and he hadn't pictured some terminal rust on two of them - his photos were pretty selective. I requested a refund and he started to negotiate on the refund! Added him to the blacklist for any of my sales too.