l33t++

WHY GOD WHY?!!?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 10, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

WHAT?!?!?!?! 😢

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 3 of 10, by Sol_HSA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=463

"Anyone interested in sharing their feelings about Sam & Max 2's cancellation can write to LucasArts at pr@lucasarts.com."

http://iki.fi/sol - my schtuphh

Reply 4 of 10, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't like Sam & Max, but stuff like that REALLY gets me mad. People have devoted so much work into delevoping a work of art, and they FISHINES developing it, and now it's "Canceled".

There should be a law against this kind of stuff, I'm serious. 😠

Reply 6 of 10, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's why the creative designer of the games should also own the company.
Like what happened with Frederick Raynal. They cancel a game he made and his other company got bankrupted. So he started his own company: F4-Toys. Now there's no one who can cancel his games.

Reply 7 of 10, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

By the way, has 3drealms officialy canceled duke nukem forever too?? or this one is gonna take forever even to be canceled?? heheh

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 8 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Wolfgang Kierdorf of Bad Brain interview Written by Marek Bronstring - 05-12-2004 […]
Show full quote

Wolfgang Kierdorf of Bad Brain interview
Written by Marek Bronstring - 05-12-2004

A couple of days ago a new company called Bad Brain Entertainment announced they had secured the rights to A Vampyre Story, the 2D point-and-click adventure with a visual style similar to The Curse of Monkey Island. As well as having plans to publish other adventure games, rumors immediately began appearing saying that one of those games would be the resurrection of the now-defunct Sam & Max: Freelance Police.

This caused a lot of people to go "whaaaaa?". Fortunately, we got in touch with Wolfgang Kierdorf, CEO of the elusive new Germany-based publisher. It turns out Wolfgang isn't short on enthusiasm. He even manages to sound completely unlike your typical CEO, especially through his frequent use of Internet shorthand (edited for your convience).

Rest of story: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,458

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 9 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Definitely, definitely exciting.

Also, an amusing bit from their Web site ("Games" page, which shows the games they're working on and their release dates):

you know what game (if it would be up to us ... anytime)
Yeah, stil no comment! 😉 Please come back soon!

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 10 of 10, by ribbon13

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ahh yes. I was one of the first 100 on the petition to LucasArts when i heard that was cancelled. I'm glad to see its coming back...

And thank god for ScummVM. Everyone of my friends that was bored of current gen games and hadn't heard of MM-DOTT or S&M-HTR was immediately forced to download ScummVM and make copies of my game discs.

Resulting in am immediate addiction to classic games. heh. And at least 20 sales for the lucasarts classic adventure pack.