Common searches

Favourite / best FPS?

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 81, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
386_junkie wrote:

Kingpin is up there too... the storyline was brilliant, navigating through the different parts of the city hiring muscle 'n' taking out the local bosses... I liked how they corroborated with Cypress Hill for the soundtrack

There's no Q2-based FPS out there that comes even close to touching this game on the graphics department (well, perhaps SOF1 to some extent), I'd grant you that if you were to acknowledge it (it truly was something to look at!), but the single player experience...boy that was garbage. The thugs behaved more like Russian snipers, the muscle would get stuck behind doors, the pawn shop was useless and the final boss a joke.

Both the cd music and the in-game music get on your nerves very quickly, though given the theme of the game, they nailed it right on the head.

The storyline...well, it gets the job done, but I think it's the attention to details like the cement shoes guy anchored to the bottom of the lake what does it for me.

Level design, that's an A1. Varied, challenging and interesting, no question about it.

Ultimately, though, it's the multiplayer part of it what does the redeeming, if you're into that.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 81 of 81, by ManleyPSmall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Davros wrote:
you should try blood dragon and far cry 4 then. If you want an unusual recommendation then Frontlines-Fuel of War […]
Show full quote

you should try blood dragon and far cry 4 then.
If you want an unusual recommendation then
Frontlines-Fuel of War

FPS Games currently installed
h4dcooA.jpg

WUT

dam that is alot of games^^

Best shooter was CoD4... never had this much fun with a shooter again.