VOGONS

Common searches

COMPLAINT

Topic actions

First post, by VLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. I did a nice poll in the windows board but the stupid poll software cast my vote wrongly - i said 98 it did 95!!!!!!!

2. No button their allowed me to delete it.

3. So i did a new one an the same happened again!!

Is this fuckup normal at vogons?

Last edited by VLC on 2004-03-16, 15:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Star Treking...
Trekdom.jpg

Reply 1 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VLC wrote:
1. I DID A NICE POLL IN THE WINDOWS BOARD BUT THE STUPID POLL SOFTWARE CAST MY VOTE WRONGLY - I SAID 98 IT DID 95!!!!!!! […]
Show full quote

1. I DID A NICE POLL IN THE WINDOWS BOARD BUT THE STUPID POLL SOFTWARE CAST MY VOTE WRONGLY - I SAID 98 IT DID 95!!!!!!!

2. NO BUTTON THEIR ALLOWED ME TO DELETE IT.

3. SO I DID A NEW ONE AN THE SAME HAPPENED AGAIN!!

IS THIS FUCKUP NORMAL AT VOGONS? 🙁

Oh, I deleted the second poll BTW - I thought it was a mistaken doublepost.

Please turn off your CAPS LOCK NOW.

And stop swearing about a minor vBulletin bug (or "feature"), it's not the end of the world. Snover (the admin) is on vacation - and I'm not even sure if this is something he can fix without upgrading/repairing the board software. Besides, how can we be sure it wasn't user error?

Well, calm down. Reply to me angrily and I'll see that you are banned. I'm half-tempted to lock this thread. Currently, I'm rather offended by your final sentence regarding a fuckup.

- Stiletto (moderator)
(Oh, and if you were trolling for moderators, don't you have anything better to do?)

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 2 of 6, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What a moron you are. Perhaps you should 'go away' and come back when you've grown up a bit.

Snover & everyone else put in quite a bit of effort for nothing in return and all you can do is bitch & moan. Besides it was a stupid poll (Me and 2000 together - you clearly have no idea...) This site is an invaluable resource with lots of useful posts, a bug in a piece of code of a free forum isn't a good enough reason to throw a tantrum.

Reply 3 of 6, by yanker2112

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

VLC...

Calm down, chief!

What kind of maroon (sic) posts such a dumbass poll anyhow. Any right-thinking VOGON member knows that you are better off with a multi-boot setup!

...Carry on!, FS

VOGONS...

AVOID VLC's LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF HIS POST, THE LINK IS POLLUTED WITH TROJANS AND SPYWARE!!!!...MAYBE EVEN A FEW VIRUSES!!!

Reply 4 of 6, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What a probe!!! Why blame the site? Perhaps the error is 'user-originated.' Anyhow, I agree with Yanker, Why don't you install a multi-boot on your box?

...in that quiet earth"

Reply 6 of 6, by VLC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

There is indeed an error in the polling that I haven't been able to track down.

I suggest you employ better bbs-ware, i recommend vBulletin Version 2.2.9
- tho some of the Plebs above you may not appreciate its reliablity when compared to the inferior phpBB used here 😁

Star Treking...
Trekdom.jpg