New Retrorig advice

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dondiego wrote:

Well actually i'm not selling anything in this thread and was kidding a little, we live in the same city and could talk and see what happens. 😎

That's actually pretty cool! 😁

I don't know any regular here that lives anywhere near me 🤣, but that's ok 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 22 of 28, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Case looks like a generic case, so it was probably a custom build by a person or local shop.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 23 of 28, by yamisamurai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:

Case looks like a generic case, so it was probably a custom build by a person or local shop.

I don't think so because I had the same model of this PC back when I was a kid, it was the first PC I ever had in my life and I wanted to know the model or the brand of it.

Reply 24 of 28, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
yamisamurai wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:

I don't think so because I had the same model of this PC back when I was a kid, it was the first PC I ever had in my life and I wanted to know the model or the brand of it.

From what I can see in the pic, it does seem like a custom build PC. Also note the Windows install disk doesn't seem like an OEM disk (these would sometimes look TOTALLY different).
Finding out which exact model the AT case is, is probably not going to be easy. The question is, is it worth it? Sellers probably don't know the model number of that particular case either.

Best bet, if you want that specific case, is to identify seller's pics visually, or ask on Amibay.

Report spammers here!

Reply 25 of 28, by yamisamurai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote:
From what I can see in the pic, it does seem like a custom build PC. Also note the Windows install disk doesn't seem like an OEM […]
Show full quote
yamisamurai wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:

From what I can see in the pic, it does seem like a custom build PC. Also note the Windows install disk doesn't seem like an OEM disk (these would sometimes look TOTALLY different).
Finding out which exact model the AT case is, is probably not going to be easy. The question is, is it worth it? Sellers probably don't know the model number of that particular case either.

Best bet, if you want that specific case, is to identify seller's pics visually, or ask on Amibay.

Thanks dude for your suggestion, I'm just trying to know where I can have better photos for that case, the only pic that I found on google so far is this one! I've been searching for somedays about it with no luck other than this pic.
That's why I thought that if I can obtain any information about that model then my search would become easier, I will try to do what you told me to.

Reply 26 of 28, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had a look in my attic and I don't have that particular case so I can't take any clearer pics 🙁

Report spammers here!

Reply 27 of 28, by yamisamurai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

I had a look in my attic and I don't have that particular case so I can't take any clearer pics 🙁

Don't worry dude, and sorry for troubling you with looking for it in your attic!!

Reply 28 of 28, by snickersnack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
yamisamurai wrote:

Can anyone please tell me the name and the brand of this PC?

Just saw one on ebay. Seller is calling it an "IMS Custom Gaming Computer". Looks like a mid '90s whitebox to me.