Common searches

Reply 20 of 29, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

HOT tip for getting F6 floppy disk drivers for pretty much all chipsets:

Asrock website: http://www.asrock.com/mb/

On the left side choose a socket. Then pick a board with the chipset that you're interested. Go to the download section and you will find the driver.

I've been doing this for a long time and it has always worked 😁

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 21 of 29, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
HOT tip for getting F6 floppy disk drivers for pretty much all chipsets: […]
Show full quote

HOT tip for getting F6 floppy disk drivers for pretty much all chipsets:

Asrock website: http://www.asrock.com/mb/

On the left side choose a socket. Then pick a board with the chipset that you're interested. Go to the download section and you will find the driver.

I've been doing this for a long time and it has always worked 😁

It works even for non-Asrock mobo, I presume?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 22 of 29, by awgamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

GTX 960 seems to be supported by XP.

@gerwin : gerwin, you might want to place the rule at the beginning of your first post.

and the 980ti with some editing. http://mattpilz.com/windows-xp-drivers-nvidia … 980-ti-titan-x/

Reply 23 of 29, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

It works even for non-Asrock mobo, I presume?

Of course!

I use it because Asrock does such a great job at organising their boards. They use a nice top-down approach which I like.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 24 of 29, by Ron4n12

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cyberdyne wrote on 2016-02-18, 08:24:

I am using a AMD A10-7800 APU and a Asus A88X based motherboard. And windows XP works just fine, for everyday use and for gaming. And i dual boot it with Windows 7 and even can play Wolfenstein New Order with it. I bought it with balance in compadibility, speed and power usage in mind.

Hello Cyberdyne,
I come from 5 years in the future and I wanted to know where to get the drivers for the AMD A10-7800 processor for Windows XP because, I cannot find them anywhere.
If you or someone else knows, please tell me.

Thanks.

Reply 25 of 29, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ron4n12 wrote on 2021-04-28, 23:33:

I wanted to know where to get the drivers for the AMD A10-7800 processor for Windows XP because, I cannot find them anywhere.

People tell me this is the very last XP driver for Radeon cards:
https://archive.org/details/icafe-winxp-9.00. … -br294594-sep24

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 26 of 29, by Ron4n12

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gerwin wrote on 2021-04-29, 00:12:

I wanted to know where to get the drivers for the AMD A10-7800 processor for Windows XP because, I cannot find them anywhere.

People tell me this is the very last XP driver for Radeon cards:
https://archive.org/details/icafe-winxp-9.00. … -br294594-sep24

Thank you very much gerwin, I appreciate your support. Now I will see if all the drivers that I am finding for this PC with Windows XP work.

Reply 27 of 29, by b_w

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ASUS Q87M-E (with i7-4770S CPU) 100% Windows XP x86/x64 Compatible:
1. Intel(R) Inf Update 9.4
2. Intel(R) HD Graphics 14.56.0.5449 driver (for iHD 4600 CPU Graphics)
3. Intel(R) RST 11.2 AHCI/RAID driver (forced install)
4. Intel Ethernet Drivers for Microsoft Embedded Operating Systems PROEmbSw12.exe (for I217-V intel network)
5. Realtek HD Audio R2.74 driver

p.s.s Below is a *modded* driver for another intel network - 8086:15A1 Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V, which is not officialy supported by Windows XP x86. Feel free to use.

Attachments

• Filename
    808615A1.7z
    File size
    471.38 KiB
    Downloads
    200 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 28 of 29, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Hello Cyberdyne, I come from 5 years in the future and I wanted to know where to get the drivers for the AMD A10-7800 processo […]
Show full quote
Cyberdyne wrote on 2016-02-18, 08:24:

I am using a AMD A10-7800 APU and a Asus A88X based motherboard. And windows XP works just fine, for everyday use and for gaming. And i dual boot it with Windows 7 and even can play Wolfenstein New Order with it. I bought it with balance in compadibility, speed and power usage in mind.

Hello Cyberdyne,
I come from 5 years in the future and I wanted to know where to get the drivers for the AMD A10-7800 processor for Windows XP because, I cannot find them anywhere.

Thanks.

I got my drivers from Asus support and download. By the way this same computer is now triple booting. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 29 of 29, by RetroGamingNovice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The newest AMD discrete CPU platform to be officially supported by XP is AM3+ and the FX series of CPUs, eg. like the FX-4300, FX-6300, or FX-8350, and the newest officially, fully supported Intel platform on XP I know of is Sandy Bridge, meanwhile as far as I can look up for APU platforms, the newest desktop APUs I can find that officially have XP drivers are the A6/A8/A10-5000 series parts on the FM2 platform, Steamroller and Excavator aren't officially supported, although previous comments hint at a 7000-series APU working fine on XP, and of course all Bobcat/Puma/Jaguar-architecture silicon should work fine on XP too for the lower-powered stuff but the newest full-powered desktop APUs that are officially supported by XP are on the Piledriver architecture as are the newest officially-supported AMD discrete CPUs for that OS.

As for GPUs, the newest Nvidia cards that can run on XP before getting into diminishing returns are the 700-series cards and the newest AMD GPUs as far as I can look up that have XP drivers are the R7/R9 200-series cards as the newest Catalyst drivers for XP support those cards, and as for sound cards, you can run a Xonar DG/DGX or an Audigy 2 ZS on XP just fine.

PC hardware: Ryzen 5 4500, 32GB RAM, 1TB SN 570 Linux drive, 500GB 970 EVO Plus Windows drive, 2TB 970 EVO Plus games drive, 1TB 870 EVO extra storage drive, RX 6600 GPU, EndeavourOS/Win10 dual-boot