VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi guys, I would like to convert an AT keyboard to bluetooth. It is an mechanical, model KM988KKB88, keyboard.
It has enough space for a lot of things in the back of it (inside of the case) and I have seen some videos and tutorials for modding an Model M keyboard with the same features.
What i would like to do is attach an decoder to the keyboard out signal from the 4 pins it has and into an wireless bluetooth transmiter that has an pair button and power button routed out of it, as well as an rechargable LI Ion battery (as there is plenty of space inside).

I order to save money from buying all the custom crap I also have a few microcontrollers that may be able to help in this task. I took note of the two chips that were the closest to me at the moment and those are:

1. Atmel TS80C32x2-MCA
2. Microchip PIC18F452-I/P

Any ideas? I would like to cut costs as low as possible so I dont have to buy already finished products like all the people in Model M mods. To my logic it should be simple to convert an already known signal out from the KM988KKB88 intel P8049AH chip and provide power to both the keyboard and transmitter(controller) via an rechargable battery at the same time (I saw some cheap charge controllers that are pretty small).

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 2 of 3, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah you are right, after some thinking I realized that I had to use allready made components such as an arduino nano and an bluetooth addon, which arent expensive (around 15 euro for both). The only problem would be decoding/converting the AT signal into USB keyboard signal. I saw some model M mods that have a premade program made for arduino but use an expensive bluetooth adapter.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"