Common searches

Nvidia VrWorks Audio

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 25, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice and it's about time, but let me nitpick a bit:

The number of physically modelled sound sources that can be supported is significantly enhanced with TrueAudio Next; instead of being limited to a small handful of primary sound cues, an application can scale so that environmental sound sources (up to a complete soundscape of 40 to 64 sounds) can be included, by “borrowing” a small (roughly 10-15%) subset of a GPUs compute units. Quality can be scaled in even greater dimensions when multiple GPUs or combinations of APUs and GPUs are deployed.

Since when did 40-64 sounds make a complete soundscape? You need a minimum of 6 reflections per sound source, so that equates to a performance of 4-10 sound sources with reflections...that doesn't sound right(ohhh PUN!)

Reply 22 of 25, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Perhaps "sound" could mean "sound source" ?
You could try to ask on github anyway. With AMF release they had some problems with errata in documentation for example.

Anyway, I can't believe it's even supported on old hardware!
All back to 2012! And suddenly I have a new sound card in my computer.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 24 of 25, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I hope it's going to be full 5.1 or 7.1. The original Aureal 3D is nice, but every Aureal 3D sound card I knew is 4.0 (quadraphonic), which makes it difficult to connect the card to modern receiver.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.