VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 30, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well I'm screwed, I clicked on it before leileilol posted a warning.

Thanks Google.

EDIT: Ontopic discussion. Are there any other "free as in freedom" arena shooters anybody here would suggest as well as Xonotic? Preferably stuff that doesn't have a bunch of dependencies I can't resolve without LD_LIBRARY_PATH'ing a ton of crap because someone at Canonical can't multilib properly.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 21 of 30, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Double Free (media and code) is even rarer. I can only think of OpenQuartz (which is too freaking weird for the sake of being Free)

I used to have a fork of that called OQPlus and a similar project for Hexen2, but there was no interest in them because the community was mostly younger folks content with their piracy and/or didn't get the point (which is unlike the doom community, which treat piracy very seriously)

a shame, because I was already far along at completing Succubus and Assassin classes!

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 22 of 30, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry about that. I forgot how annoying it can be. It used to bug me as well, so years ago I created multiple different accounts and have each one logged into a different browser (IE, Chrome, FireFox, Opera). This way I keep the docos/music/games/junk all separate from each other.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 23 of 30, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This isn't tied to my account I view random videos in a private browsing window with cookies disabled yet Google still somehow finds a way to pin it on me. I don't understand what it is they do but it angers me.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 25 of 30, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
DracoNihil wrote:

This isn't tied to my account I view random videos in a private browsing window with cookies disabled yet Google still somehow finds a way to pin it on me. I don't understand what it is they do but it angers me.

Ip

Reply 26 of 30, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have UT99 version 436 installed via GOG and the whole thing runs fine under Wine despite there being a native linux version of UT99.

Though plain UT99 bores me, not much in the way of mods that work great online either given how stupid the whole system is. It's why I play Unreal 1 over UT99.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 29 of 30, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Isn't Shifter in Tribes 2 clientside? I doubt we'd have enough players to really have a good game of that because the HERC vehicle takes alot of seats.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 30 of 30, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, it would depend on how many players we get. Even vanilla T2 would be fun, though.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder