VOGONS

Common searches


What music are you listening to?

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I'll listen, but the band name sounds pretty gay.

Haha.... So does Twisted sister. Yet they are kind of legends you know. 😀 Fully respect them.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 102 of 266, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Well, if it's a girl band, it's not gay I guess. But people will think *I'm* gay if they catch me listening to it. I'll check it out anyway though. Sometimes I listen to Cyndi Lauper when nobody is around.

Why don't you tell these people to grow up? Remind them that no amount of listening to Grace Jones or the Village People a gay person makes.

Seriously, you could dress up like Mr. Slave and be a straight guy punking everyone (if you want), or perhaps be a fan of obscure DC Comics characters.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 103 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Anyone here, who know's "Arch Enemy"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 104 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gdjacobs wrote:
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Well, if it's a girl band, it's not gay I guess. But people will think *I'm* gay if they catch me listening to it. I'll check it out anyway though. Sometimes I listen to Cyndi Lauper when nobody is around.

Why don't you tell these people to grow up? Remind them that no amount of listening to Grace Jones or the Village People a gay person makes.

Seriously, you could dress up like Mr. Slave and be a straight guy punking everyone (if you want), or perhaps be a fan of obscure DC Comics characters.

True words.... If music makes you gay, then stay clear of Bronski Beat. 😁

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 106 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote:

Listening to the vocals. Is there not a heavy use of autotune on that?

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 107 of 266, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:

Anyone here, who know's "Arch Enemy"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

Fucking awesome melodic death metal 😁 I saw Hypocrisy in Pumpehuset last year 😁 where the band The Spirit supported them, and after Hypocrisy played, then Kataklysm played . Damn that was some serious hardcore metal that evening 😁 And by the way, I listen to everything from classical music to hard metal 😁

And about the lgbt stuff, well Gaahl former frontman of Gorgoroth came out as gay. If you can behave, cool. If you are an arsehole, well you can piss off !

Reply 108 of 266, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Anyone here, who know's "Arch Enemy"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

Fucking awesome melodic death metal 😁 I saw Hypocrisy in Pumpehuset last year 😁 where the band The Spirit supported them, and after Hypocrisy played, then Kataklysm played . Damn that was some serious hardcore metal that evening 😁 And by the way, I listen to everything from classical music to hard metal 😁

And about the lgbt stuff, well Gaahl former frontman of Gorgoroth came out as gay. If you can behave, cool. If you are an arsehole, well you can piss off !

Came in thread to post Hypocrisy - Tales of Thy Spineless but I see I don't have to :p

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 109 of 266, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Monopol - Zodiak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3j-X2jnXc

WET FINGERS - HI FI SUPERSTAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRSHBC-FT14

Kalwi & Remi - Stop (Falling Down)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fom74Hwak9Q

Last edited by robertmo on 2019-11-28, 18:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 110 of 266, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BeginnerGuy wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Anyone here, who know's "Arch Enemy"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

Fucking awesome melodic death metal 😁 I saw Hypocrisy in Pumpehuset last year 😁 where the band The Spirit supported them, and after Hypocrisy played, then Kataklysm played . Damn that was some serious hardcore metal that evening 😁 And by the way, I listen to everything from classical music to hard metal 😁

And about the lgbt stuff, well Gaahl former frontman of Gorgoroth came out as gay. If you can behave, cool. If you are an arsehole, well you can piss off !

Came in thread to post Hypocrisy - Tales of Thy Spineless but I see I don't have to :p

Oh well, it was a fun experince to see them, even though the sound was muddy in Pumpehuset in Copenhagen , even though Hypocrisy was the band with the best sound there. But it was still muddy.
Pumpehuset is really not the place where you should listen to metal, Amager Bio is the place, if you ask me about where to listen to metal the most, near Copenhagen. Royal Arena is okay (but BLOODY expensive). But my honest opinion about where to listen to metal near Copenhagen, then it is Amager Bio. I experienced Testament and Last In Line as support band (Last In Line were fucking AWESOME). And then a bit later on in 2017, I experienced Pretty Maids and Eclipse as a support band in Amager Bio too, damn that was so much fun and great 😀 both bands rocked.

Reply 111 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not to forget. The only Black Metal song that I like..... (So freaking many layers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HCbqLB-ZmM

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 112 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WolverineDK wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Anyone here, who know's "Arch Enemy"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

Fucking awesome melodic death metal 😁 I saw Hypocrisy in Pumpehuset last year 😁 where the band The Spirit supported them, and after Hypocrisy played, then Kataklysm played . Damn that was some serious hardcore metal that evening 😁 And by the way, I listen to everything from classical music to hard metal 😁

And about the lgbt stuff, well Gaahl former frontman of Gorgoroth came out as gay. If you can behave, cool. If you are an arsehole, well you can piss off !

I have NO idea why Hypocisy reminds me of Red Warszawa. No idea. 😁 However they sound good.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 113 of 266, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Rush - Subdivisions (Signals, 1982) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKQHuI6Fxjg

Rush - Freewill (Permanent Waves, 1980) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOyQhgM1FU

Rush - Witch Hunt (Part III of Fear) (Moving Pictures, 1981) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Qze0ifhlY

Blue Oyster Cult - Veteran Of The Psychic Wars (Fire Of Unknown Origin, 1981) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3nz1WIaGY

Peter Gabriel - Shock The Monkey (Security, 1982) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnVf1ZoCJSo

Genesis - The Musical Box (Nursery Cryme, 1971) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X_3yOUKSOc

Genesis - Cinema Show (Seconds Out, 1977) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYzmDwCkDBQ

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (Images And Words, 1992) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGRgAULYgWE

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath, 1970) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lVdMbUx1_k

This is only a very small sample. Make of it what you will.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 114 of 266, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:
brostenen wrote:

Anyone here, who know's "Arch Enemy"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM

Fucking awesome melodic death metal 😁 I saw Hypocrisy in Pumpehuset last year 😁 where the band The Spirit supported them, and after Hypocrisy played, then Kataklysm played . Damn that was some serious hardcore metal that evening 😁 And by the way, I listen to everything from classical music to hard metal 😁

And about the lgbt stuff, well Gaahl former frontman of Gorgoroth came out as gay. If you can behave, cool. If you are an arsehole, well you can piss off !

I have NO idea why Hypocisy reminds me of Red Warszawa. No idea. 😁 However they sound good.

Red Warszawa... 21 years ago I was introduced to them. With the album Skal Vi Lege Doktor ?

Reply 115 of 266, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JayCeeBee64 wrote:

Blue Oyster Cult - Veteran Of The Psychic Wars (Fire Of Unknown Origin, 1981) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT3nz1WIaGY

The live version of that song from "Extraterrestrial Live" features a mind blowing solo by Buck Dharma. Takes the song to a whole new level IMHO.

Reply 116 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WolverineDK wrote:

Red Warszawa... 21 years ago I was introduced to them. With the album Skal Vi Lege Doktor ?

Hehe.... I think the best album to date, are "Return of the glidefedt". 😁 (one of the most gay cover art from one of the least gay band's)

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 117 of 266, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

Red Warszawa... 21 years ago I was introduced to them. With the album Skal Vi Lege Doktor ?

Hehe.... I think the best album to date, are "Return of the glidefedt". 😁 (one of the most gay cover art from one of the least gay band's)

🤣, quite frankly I don't care if somebody is gay, lesbian bi, pansexual and or for that matter transgender. Hell, I like the old Depeche Mode from 2001 and back to the beginning of their first album. I used to be a BIG fan of them. They were great back in the day.

Reply 118 of 266, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WolverineDK wrote:
brostenen wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

Red Warszawa... 21 years ago I was introduced to them. With the album Skal Vi Lege Doktor ?

Hehe.... I think the best album to date, are "Return of the glidefedt". 😁 (one of the most gay cover art from one of the least gay band's)

🤣, quite frankly I don't care if somebody is gay, lesbian bi, pansexual and or for that matter transgender. Hell, I like the old Depeche Mode from 2001 and back to the beginning of their first album. I used to be a BIG fan of them. They were great back in the day.

For some reason, I find 80's gay pop as the absolute best 80's pop music. You know, Bronski Beat as I mentioned previously. Franky goes to hollywood did a couple of great tracls as well. Then there are of course Queen, yet that was only Freddie, and there are stuff from Culture Club. Yet the wierdest stuff, are from Klaus Nomi. I can't say that I like Nomi. Though he did some impressive stuff like this. Finally there are the good old B52's.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Jah ich will trynen... Die Leute wie macht scheisse in dem Grünen.

Reply 119 of 266, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Brostenen:

Dude ! The whole the eighties were the shit , so to speak when it comes music of MANY genres. But don't forget Pet Shop Boys either when it comes to synthpop (or New Order for that matter) 😀 I remember some months ago, a friend of mine and I, basically highjacked (with coins) a jukebox at a place I have been to a few times in Copenhagen. And we went all eighties with LOTS of eighties music, with a few surprises of other decades. That was fun as hell 😀 What about Kraftwerk ? I love me some good Kraftwerk too 😀 I just checked out Klaus Nomi, and I was like "Okay..." not my cup of tea. But it did remind me a bit of Supertramp.

brostenen: You have just met a synth "maniac" of proportions 😉 , but I love music. Of all genres, hence the reason, why I said I like everything in genres ranging from classical music to heavy metal. So if you met me at a jazz playing place. You should not be surprised.