VOGONS

First post, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I realize there was already a thread about collections here Retro Hardware Collections, but it's old and I really wanted to have a thread where there's a wall of hardwarepr0n instead of only list upon list (but lists are fine if they are accompanied by pics of course 😁!

I'd very much prefer the items pictures here to be your own and had a thread in mind kinda similar to "Retro rig photo thread". Obviously commenting and discussion is fine also.

And in the end it doesn't matter if the collection is huge or large or if you think it's tiny, as long as you like it and you like to show it to us, it's all perfectly fine! 😁

So I'll start with a few pics I still had laying around.

Cyrix chips s7.jpg
Filename
Cyrix chips s7.jpg
File size
372.96 KiB
Views
File comment
My collection of Cyrix s7 chips
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

This pic was more of an afterthought, made it in a hurry.
I know I already posted this pic in the Cyrix thread, but I had pics like this one in mind. Sorry bout the poor quality, but this quality is the best that I can do for now 😵
It's 3 CPU trays laying next to each other. The right one has the 2.2v Cyrix parts I think, the 6 CPUs with the silvery tops are 4x66MHz I believe and the 2 ones with the gold top should be PR400 ones (285MHz or so, but should be able to get to 300MHz without much of a problem).

The chips in the middle and left tray are all older (and hotter-running) parts, most are slightly different from each other (different print, different speed ratings etc) and one sole Pentium snuck into the pic 😊

I can take a look at individual parts, if someone pleases.

More pics to come.

edit: Partially rewritten in order to improve of what I had intended with this thread.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!