l33t

You can now get:

- Space Quest Collection
- Phantasmagoria 1-2
- Police Quest Collection
- Shiftlings

For around a dollar in a Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle?mc … tent=cta_button

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't forget about the patch for SQ4, though you'll need to find the floppy version files elsewhere.
Topic 44537

Was there another patch for SQ1? I cannot recall.

Also, don't forget the excellent freeware remakes of King's Quest 1-3 and Quest for Glory 2.

Reply 2 of 7, by GuyTechie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I went for everything, since I missed out on the 90s Sierra craze. I wonder how hard would it be to get it to work on a real DOS machine.

Reply 3 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There have been threads about that before. The details escape me, but I think it should be possible; if I'm not mistaken, they all still use DOSBox (even though ScummVM would work just as well).

Reply 4 of 7, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GuyTechie wrote:

I went for everything, since I missed out on the 90s Sierra craze. I wonder how hard would it be to get it to work on a real DOS machine.

If they are DOSBox it should be no problem. If ScummVM, then all bets are off. Usually there are missing critical files with the ScummVM versions, but not always. See:
Digital DOS games (GOG, Steam...) Retro PC Compatibility Sheet: We need your input!

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 7, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

One bonus is the $15 tier includes a Steam key for the King's Quest Collection which isn't available on Steam anymore.

Everything uses DOSBox. For the King's Quest and Space Quest collections there are actually two versions included. The 2006 Vivendi release rip (which has the SQ1 and KQ1 remakes only, and also only the 16-bit Windows version of KQ7) and the GOG versions (which have the original versions of KQ1 and SQ1 and the DOS version of KQ7). The former is marked as "Legacy" when you launch them in Steam.

Also, some people can't redeem the King's Quest Complete Collection (2015 reboot) if they already own some of the chapters. I have chapters 1-3 and it won't let me redeem the Complete Collection Steam key. I'm going to wait until Chapter 4 comes out and see if I can redeem it then. Maybe it's just seeing that I already own everything that's currently available.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 6 of 7, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Jumped on this for 20 bucks for the highest tier. It's a freakin steal as far as I am concerned.

Reply 7 of 7, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A little correction, Humble greyed out my key for KQ Complete Collection because it saw I already "owned" it. However, you can force it to display anyway. So I did and tried to redeem the key on Steam and it worked!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.