VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi guys... I've been collecting retro hardware for a while now, but in all my searching I've not been able to find a case like the one my first computer had. I started gathering retro gear trying to find parts to recreate my old 586 - my first PC - and got hooked on it 😜 . I've got all the parts sans the CPU and case. The CPU will be next to impossible to find so II settled for a 120Mhz Cyrix 120GP - but I'm really keen on finding the case. So far, in 2-3 years of actively looking, I've had no luck...

Aj4d677l.jpg TIU9NIsl.jpg

The case is most likely made by Sunshine Computer Inc, but I'm not entirely sure.

I spoke with a user on vogons who had this exact one - he was willing to send it to me but in the end did not (and it's understandable - it's kind of a hassle to pack something like this up and mail it - not to mention possibly expensive).

I know vogons is not a marketplace, and trading / donating is forbidden - but I'm hoping if any of you comes across one of these, you can point me in the direction with a link. I'm not willing to spend to much on it tough - 20-25$ shipped is as high as I'll go for a case in good condition. I will however take one in ANY condition if I can afford it. At one point I found one housing a 486 on ebay, but the seller wanted 110$ for the whole thing and shipping was an insane 200$. Pity, it was in great nick too.

If any of you can help, please post a link here or PM me! Any lead is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Current parts status:

Cyrix 5x86 P133 - - - extremely unlikely, settled for Cyrix 5x86 p120
FIC 486-VIP-IO2 rev A2 - - - CHECK!
32 MB of EDO - - - CHECK!
Twin 1.2GB WD drives - - - CHECK!
Creative CT6670 - - - CHECK!
Cirrus Logic CL-GD5440 - - - using a CL-GD5446 (CHECK!)
Creative 24x CD-ROM Drive - - - no
Sunshine beige baby AT case - - - no