Common searches

VOGONS GAME SERVER IS UP! Down for now.

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 135, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I'm pretty sure the Won servers are long since gone, but other games have been patched to redirect to different game matching services. I want to know if this is an option with Homeworld.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 21 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh I completely misread your post, sorry... Though no I don't know of any, I think people just use VPN's to play Homeworld online.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 22 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

will be installing all the sec updates on the system tonight. looks like a quick serch for sec updates for the OS gives nerly 500 updates 😲

I'm getting the updates here, useful link for those that use older version of windows were windows update is broken.
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

Reply 23 of 135, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I loved MechWarrior II, but never played 3 or 4 despite having copies of them. I assume they would run OK on a WinXP box with a 6800 GT? If so, and if you can get others interested, it would be enough to prompt me to install and play. So, I guess you could put me down as a tentative "yes" for Mech4.

I always wanted to play "Freedom Force" and "Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption" with others via multiplayer, but never had the opportunity.

Reply 29 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I look forward to playing UT99 with members of this forum!

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 30 of 135, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've got UT original install disk, but went ahead and bought the GOG version since it was on sale. Easier to set up on newer systems. So I was practicing against bots and my 12 yr old son decided to give it a go. Keep in mind, he's a COD3 regular. So, 2 hrs later, he finally gave me my computer back. 😀 He even got on some servers and played a bit. He's hooked now. Any objections to him joining in?

edit: I think he might be better than me. 😊 We played one on one LAN deathmatch to 20. He was up 18-12, then I went on a run to tie it at 19 before he finished me off.

Last edited by clueless1 on 2016-11-13, 03:31. Edited 1 time in total.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 34 of 135, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have one concern. Getting updates on date and times from this forum thread might be a bit cumbersome especially if this becomes a regular thing. Anyone have any thoughts on how to better co-ordinate? Maybe a facebook group so we can actually put an date and time on a calender and get reminders of it?

Reply 35 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Ok so it will be ut99. I may add a second game later on if my network can handle it.

I patched about 80 holes on the server so far. It's not really what I call secured, but it will be fine for a game server. I'll be making adjustments to my network next. Then I'll setup a second monitor on the server and the game server.

I'll leave the sever running 24/7 so you guys and drop in any time.

Reply 36 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Rhuwyn wrote:

I have one concern. Getting updates on date and times from this forum thread might be a bit cumbersome especially if this becomes a regular thing. Anyone have any thoughts on how to better co-ordinate? Maybe a facebook group so we can actually put an date and time on a calender and get reminders of it?

I don't have Facebook or anything like that. Maybe we could use outlook and a calendar?

Reply 37 of 135, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:

I'll leave the sever running 24/7 so you guys and drop in any time.

This sounds like the solution to the scheduling question Rhuwyn had.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 38 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

What about x-win vs tie fighter? I forgot about that one.

Ut99 server should be up and going. If you have problems let me know.
I don't have a second network or system I can test it from.

The IP 24.208.177.52
the password: Milliways
Server name Vogons

This is the first ut99 server I setup so I don't know if I did everything right.

Reply 39 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm able to query the server just fine, just for the record I use the name "Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.:" in the Unreal series.

EDIT: It says the server doesn't require a password, you may need to navigate to the [Engine.GameInfo] block of UnrealTournament.ini and set GamePassword= to something valid without spaces.

― Κυνικός Δράκων