VOGONS

Common searches


First post, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found this amusing. New HTML5 "art" game released in case you missed it.

https://sophiapark.itch.io/forgotten

Reply 1 of 8, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I'm taking it this is like old depressed CGA game bosses who have lost their way? They have lost their purpose? Does this need to exist? Maybe the question is the answer. Ok. I need to step away now. 😀

Reply 2 of 8, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

It's cool and mysterious.

I like twine games. They bring the adventure game genre to a newer, younger audience.
Also it reminds me when I programmed an adventure game on my TI-80 calculator. Good times. I hope twine is easier to use though! 😁

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 3 of 8, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Beegle wrote:

It's cool and mysterious.

I like twine games. They bring the adventure game genre to a newer, younger audience.
Also it reminds me when I programmed an adventure game on my TI-80 calculator. Good times. I hope twine is easier to use though! 😁

Personally I found the Empathy Star at the beginning the best part. Man how many boot screens we all saw in those days with the Energy Star symbol. I have been on laptops for so many years now it has been ages since I have seen that.

Reply 5 of 8, by VileR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, cool to see that my truetype fonts are getting some use, but they should've listened to my advice about sizes and scaling 😉

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 6 of 8, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VileRancour wrote:

Heh, cool to see that my truetype fonts are getting some use, but they should've listened to my advice about sizes and scaling 😉

Cool they used your fonts! From a user perspective I think it looks great. What don't you like about it?

Reply 7 of 8, by VileR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:

Cool they used your fonts! From a user perspective I think it looks great. What don't you like about it?

It's just that the font size is set to 11px, i.e. a (small) non-integer factor, which distorts the appearance.

Then again these things depend on your system/display device. My ~570 DPI Android phone just scales everything up smoothly, so the font is rendered at a much larger pixel size, and looks far better as a result.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 8 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote:

Found this amusing. New HTML5 "art" game released in case you missed it.

https://sophiapark.itch.io/forgotten

😮

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.