Common searches

!! Full Throttle now on GOG !!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Full Throttle, Starcraft remasters this year, System Shock remake probably early next year, things do look interesting.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 22 of 26, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Jorpho wrote:
Great Hierophant wrote:

things do look interesting.

I'd say things look pretty much like they used to, only less pixellated. 😜

Haha, indeed! 🤣

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 23 of 26, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

WTF, are they crazy?
The original can be played with an 68k Macintosh and now look at that:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Vista or later
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 GHz, or higher
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4650 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 / Intel HD 4000 Graphics, or equivalent
Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Card
Additional Notes: GPU that supports OpenGL 3.3 or higher

+++++++++++++
OK, remastered...now I get it...seems to be not the right thing for my retro-machines 🙁

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 24 of 26, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looking forward to it. Loved the other Double Fine remasters of LucasArts adventures. What would be the icing on the cake after this would be to get the rights for Curse of Monkey Island and bring Bill Tiller on board. That'd be spectacular. However, they may just stop here as so far they've only been remastering the games Time Schafer himself designed.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 26 of 26, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Played it. I never really had issues with the kicking-wall puzzle, so I can't really say if it was easier or not, but the remaster is heaps better than last year's DOTT. This time around, they've actually done a great job with all of the visuals and they've treated the 3D renders that were in the original with respect.
The demolition derby minigame is also a lot better with far better framerate and wider view.

Best of all, you can tweak it around all you want to get the results you want. If you want the vanilla experience (even the sound effects that they messed with in DOTT 🙁 ) then you can have it. You can mix and match as well.