VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To know you better, I want to know how old are you and when did you start playing PC's games ?

Me, I'm 25 years old and start playing PC with : The 7th Guest and Doom !! Before come on PC, I was on Atari ST1040 Ste!!!!

Reply 1 of 19, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I am Oooooooooooold! Started out in 1979 I believe. I am not sure what I used first:

Startrek/Enterprise on a Commodore PET 2001

PET2001.JPG

- or -

Moonlander on a Texas Instruments TI-59

flyer-b.jpg
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 19, by icemann

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I`m 23 and started gaming on the good old Atari 2600 + Commodore 64's at school. Years later I eventually nagged my parents into finally getting a PC.

Two stones, two crosses, the rest is just icing. - 7th Guest

Reply 9 of 19, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm 28, the first PC we had was an Amstrad 1512 and I was hooked on Starglider and Digger!
Before that we had a BBC Micro, brilliant machine! Even better when we got the floppy drive and ditched the cassette 🤣
Then there was the Intellivision and Astrosmash 😁

Reply 10 of 19, by virus !

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm 26 yo and started with an ibm ps1 in 1990. I Specialy spent time with games like sim city, populous and railroad tycoon...

great times..... nostalgy 😉

Reply 11 of 19, by galemir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1979; owned OricNova64, C64-Floppy, Amiga600 and first 486 PC in 1994.
Ultima xxx was the name of the PC game 😁

Virtual machines take less space and more time 😉

Reply 12 of 19, by MabusRaeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm 25. Almost 26. Started gaming when I was 6... 7... not completely sure. A friend of mine had a Coleco Vision. I got completely hooked on the Smurfs, etc.

First PC didn't appear till 1989. I got hooked on Round 42.

Author of D-Fend, a DOSBox frontend.

D-Fend homepage.
http://members.home.nl/mabus

Reply 13 of 19, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
teamster1975 wrote:

I'm 28, the first PC we had was an Amstrad 1512 and I was hooked on Starglider and Digger!
Before that we had a BBC Micro, brilliant machine! Even better when we got the floppy drive and ditched the cassette 🤣

Seems like I was one generation ahead of your, teamster1975 😏
The first computer I owned was my Acorn Atom, the pre-decessor to the Beep. Next up was my Amstrad CPC-464 with a strange rigid 3", 180 KB diskette station.

Reply 15 of 19, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

Seems like I was one generation ahead of your, teamster1975

At least I'm not 30 yet 😜
Mind you, having a 4 month old son has sometimes made me feel 50! He's just starting to sleep through the night now 😁 😁 😁
No time for playing on the computer anymore though 😢

Reply 16 of 19, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm 18... too old 🙁

I first had a real computer at home when I were 9, but the first games I played were before that, I played Commander Keen 1 and 3, Prince of Persia 1 and 2 (I love those games), cartooners (best game ever) and some more. All those I played with my cousin, best times I had in my life.

Reply 18 of 19, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
teamster1975 wrote:

Mind you, having a 4 month old son has sometimes made me feel 50! He's just starting to sleep through the night now 😁 😁 😁
No time for playing on the computer anymore though 😢

It works the other way around too. When he is 10, and want to play with you, your son will make you feel 10 years younger 😀