VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CtrlX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As I'm sure many of you know, if you look on the net for free games you run across alot of pretty seedy abandonware and warez sites full of spyware and adware. Well, I'm not sure if my problem is caused by this, but it's my best geuss.
The problem is that occasionally, when I'm browsing the web, the internet explorer window will go grey (like what happens when a popup shows up in front of it) except no popup is there. Then, when I click the window to bring it back into focus, it behaves like my shift key is constantly down (every link I click opens in a new window, when I use the mouse wheel to go up and down my browser goes back and forward through web pages as if I clicked the buttons, text is highlighted whenever I click anything, anything I type is in all caps etc.)
Plus I've noticed that the "enable third-party browser extensions" option in explorer which allows popup blockers to run keeps spontaneously turning off. Anyone familiar with this behavior? I'm using Win2k and the latest IE. I've updated and scanned with Spybot multiple times and it didn't work.