VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

There is a guy from Switzerland selling a lot of 3dfx cards on ebay and some of them are untested.

Case and point.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3dfx-Quantum3D-Obsidi … 353.m1438.l2649

I asked him to test the card in a game and he said he could not get the card to work, see attachment.
but the listing says the card is tested and working. So yeah tread carefully

Reply 1 of 6, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That particular card is rare enough that even if it were broken it would still sell for a pretty penny ( a lot of them in this case), would buy it myself and use it as it has two TMUs rather than the normal consumer versions only having one. There is a rarer version that did sli with a slave and master setup.

I refuse to buy anything from Europe unless I got no other choice.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 6, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
nforce4max wrote:

That particular card is rare enough that even if it were broken it would still sell for a pretty penny ( a lot of them in this case), would buy it myself and use it as it has two TMUs rather than the normal consumer versions only having one. There is a rarer version that did sli with a slave and master setup.

indeed it is very rare. but don't expect it to work. or any of the voodoo 1's hes selling.

Reply 4 of 6, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Azarien wrote:
nforce4max wrote:

Why is that?

I would like to know that as well. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from Europe and have not had a problem yet. sure it generally takes a while to get here but that is expected.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 6, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
cyclone3d wrote:
Azarien wrote:
nforce4max wrote:

Why is that?

I would like to know that as well. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from Europe and have not had a problem yet. sure it generally takes a while to get here but that is expected.

Higher risk. I had things show up fine and things show up busted.
If you stick with the bigger counters you'd be fine like the UK and Germany. Then there's customs, high cost of shipping and that fact that your money is leaving your country lowering its value.

Reply 6 of 6, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Really it's just the fact that shipping out of the US is expensive, and in the case of returns you're usually the one paying. European costs vary a lot but it's never as cheap as China or something, both shipping and items to begin with. It adds up. The associated costs are why the US is the last resort when I buy from outside of the EU. I think low feedback Americans are as bad as any other nationality when it comes to these risks otherwise.

My big-red-switch 486