Common searches

15th Anniversary of VOGONS!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 44, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY VOGONS!

Thanks to all of those who make this community possible and as relevant, helpful and interesting today, as ever it was. Keep it going for another 15 years- please!

And thanks to the many active members here who regularly offer help, suggestions and fresh content! You all are what makes VOGONS what it is; one of the best on-line communities to be found anywhere!

-- Regards, Joe

Expect out of life, that which you put into it.

Reply 21 of 44, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JoeCorrado wrote:

one of the best on-line communities to be found anywhere!

I think that's a bit of an overstatment, because there can be better communities out there than us but still.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 23 of 44, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Congratulations and thanks to the guys who keep this place such a cool/friendly place to hang out

Reply 25 of 44, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

15 years and I've now been a part of it for almost half that time 🤣!
Very nicely done! 😁

DosFreak wrote:

I like organizing information so I'd like to scrape all the vogons info from the threads and dump it in the wiki (then mabye dump in an "archive" forum) instead of some other wiki stealing all of our secrets. You know who you are. heh.

When I visit other forums it's a pretty horrible experience. Controversy seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Glad to see we've been able to keep things sane here.

That will be one heck of a project! Which wiki has been stealing all of our top secret information? 😕
We need to bring the peck and electrolyte and rewire them 😈

Yes lets please keep things sane here. Some other boards are plain insane and full of people who care for noone except caring for themselves, even if it would cost them humanity 😵

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 26 of 44, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
olddos25 wrote:
JoeCorrado wrote:

I think that's a bit of an overstatment, because there can be better communities out there than us but still.

Frankly, I tend to agree with JoeCorrado here.
This is what actually kept me coming back.

If this hadn't been the case (no pun 😜), chances would've been I'd never bothered to relog here a couple years ago.

Report spammers here!

Reply 27 of 44, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Think whatever you like, just my opinion.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:

Reply 28 of 44, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
olddos25 wrote:

Think whatever you like, just my opinion.

Feel free to inform me 😁
Or maybe I'm just not having much luck in finding good online-communities 😵

Report spammers here!

Reply 29 of 44, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
olddos25 wrote:
JoeCorrado wrote:

Well, I suppose that you will agree that I clearly stated "one of the best..." - and keeping that in mind, I am sure that you will also agree that your statement that "there can be better..." in no way conflicts with my original premise.

I would say that you have an odd way of wording it- but I think that what you just said was that we are in total agreement. 😎

Just another reason why I love this place.

-- Regards, Joe

Expect out of life, that which you put into it.

Reply 30 of 44, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JoeCorrado wrote:
Well, I suppose that you will agree that I clearly stated "one of the best..." - and keeping that in mind, I am sure that you wi […]
Show full quote
olddos25 wrote:
JoeCorrado wrote:

Well, I suppose that you will agree that I clearly stated "one of the best..." - and keeping that in mind, I am sure that you will also agree that your statement that "there can be better..." in no way conflicts with my original premise.

I would say that you have an odd way of wording it- but I think that what you just said was that we are in total agreement. 😎

Agreed 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 31 of 44, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Happy anniversary to the coolest forum I know.

I'm humbled and unworthy to be in the presence of such a fantastic group of people. Here's to the next 15 years!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 32 of 44, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Its hard to believe that a small forum like this can both reach this age and stay so active. So many die about after around 5 years.

I guess its the user base, most forums people pop in and ask something get an answer then leave. Vogons is something more, much more. We all have a interest in the same things and keep coming back for more.

Make me wonder how long it will go for.

Reply 33 of 44, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The nicest forums I've ever visited on the entire internets (with friendly peoples and posts and stuff):
-DMCTalk (DeLorean forum)
-Vogons

"Neutral Good" forums:
-GameFaqs, haven't been on there in a long while though
-Bioware, neither trolled nor, brightly greeted with a smile

The worst forums with angry people that probably want to kill me, in no particular order:
-Yahoo, "a miserable cesspit of hatred and lies!"
-Facebook
-The rest of the Internet in general 😀

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 34 of 44, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I agree, VOGONS was the first forum I ever joined, and I can say with certainty that the people here are the most gracious people on the Internet.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 35 of 44, by 95DosBox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow. An old forum for old games. In 5 more years this forum will be considered retro.

To commemorate the date I must now add an old school gaming avatar to celebrate this event.

Here goes...

To the Queen of Computer Gaming History I bequeath this avatar in honor of you. 😉

Reply 38 of 44, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JoeCorrado wrote:
Well, I suppose that you will agree that I clearly stated "one of the best..." - and keeping that in mind, I am sure that you wi […]
Show full quote
olddos25 wrote:
JoeCorrado wrote:

That's one way to say it.

Other places to find me:

Reply 39 of 44, by 5P133

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So the first posts on VOGONS are kinda retro.
My second computer's case is from 2002, I still use it.

ATrend ATC 6220 + PII400 + 256MB RAM PC133 + Ati Rage Fury Pro 32MB + Creative Labs Voodoo2 8MB + Aztech 2320 + Win98SE