VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

With the ongoing, prolonged death throes of Photobucket (and seemingly a lot of other sites like it), it seems pertinent to encourage everyone to attach their photos here, so that our epic build threads don't become page after page of broken links in a year.

The problem is five pics per post is a really tough limit and leads to all kinds of annoying workarounds like spreading small stories across multiple posts, or making like five at once with "reserved for future updates" right at the beginning of the thread.

Upping the limit to 15 or 20 pics per post would be a huge improvement in usability; even 10 would be a nice step up. 😀

Can this be done?

If space/bandwidth is a concern, maybe put a size limit for uploads of 1024 pixels wide or 300kB or something like that.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 3, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bumping this back up because I just had to split *another* post in two in order to get all the pics I wanted in. Yeah, that's not the end of the world, but the easier it is to post your pics here the less likely users are to go to a 3rd-party free site, hopefully mitigating another Bucket-catastrophe in a couple years.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Though I see your point of view, I don't really see the benefit is the added benefit is more or less exchanged for another limit (like a size limit, which wouldn't make much sense when one could add it as an attachment, if attachments have any size limit).
If need be, I'll just smith 2 pics together till I'm at 5 or less 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 3, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

If you ask me attachments should be size limited and not file count limited.

I.E. you can attach up to 5mb per post, and not say 5 1mb files.
And you can always double post to post more photos and splice photo together or something.

Still I say the current limits are ok.